Excesive Salivation???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pinky, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Does anyone experience excessive salivation? My mouth feels like a running water faucet and I am constantly having to swallow. This started just before I was diagnosed with FMS/CFS but at first the doctors treated me for numerous ailments including Thrush, sinustitis and allergies to no avail. I call it the wet/dry mouth because there is so much salivation but my mouth feels so dry. It is very annoying because it makes my head hurt and my lips dry and cracked because I am swallowing all the time because if I didn't when I talked the liquid would spit or drip out.
    Debbie
  2. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Does anyone experience excessive salivation? My mouth feels like a running water faucet and I am constantly having to swallow. This started just before I was diagnosed with FMS/CFS but at first the doctors treated me for numerous ailments including Thrush, sinustitis and allergies to no avail. I call it the wet/dry mouth because there is so much salivation but my mouth feels so dry. It is very annoying because it makes my head hurt and my lips dry and cracked because I am swallowing all the time because if I didn't when I talked the liquid would spit or drip out.
    Debbie
  3. Roxi

Roxi New Member

Just a thought. Could be stressed muscles in your cheeks overstimulating your parotid glands. Try massaging your cheeks right under the cheekbones a few tmes a day. Get some Luden's coughdrops. They give you moisture without any medication. Really great for the dry feeling. This DD hands us lots of weird symptoms. Next month or so your mouth will improve but then it will be your hips, or neck, or something. Hang in there! We're all in this together!