EXCESS METALS A question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meditationlotus, Feb 8, 2007.

1. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

What do all of you take to rid your body of excess metals? What supplements or detox regimens? Thanks
  2. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

I would join the yahoo adult heavy metal group.
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

toxic metals you are dealing with, and how bad they are.

DMSA and EDTA are the most well known detox drugs. According to Dr. Andrew Cutler, the 1/2 life for many toxic metals is 10~20 years. 1/2 life is the time it take your body to get rid of half of it.

Dr. Cutler is a Ph.D. Chemist and teaches Pharmcokinetics (movement of drugs through the body). He has a website: NoAmalgams and a book by the same name. He visits the Yahoo forum: Adult Metal Chelation to guide and learn too.

He prefers DMSA as the ideal chelation drug but starting at very low doses.

Certain metals don't chelate out very well: Cadmium is a stubborn sticky metal.

Oh, HyperBaric Oxygen Treatment works too, but it can release too many metals all at once and overload the kidneys.

Sweat is also good, the sweatglands are the 3rd kidney of the body. 1 Qt of sweat = 100mg of DMSA.[This Message was Edited on 02/08/2007]
  4. meditationlotus

5. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

I have heard and read that this form of selenium is the best: Selenium (As Yeast-Free L-Selenomethionine)

Also I have read that selenium is not actually a chelating agent, but it just binds with things like mercury and safely stores it in the body.
  6. meditationlotus

helps to rid the body of metal if taken in large dosages. Anyone familiar with that?