Excess phosphates in our bodies???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Do you believe that we fibro people have excess phosphates in our bodies that doesn't get excreted by the kidneys therefore causing alot of pain?. I mean I wake up at night and in the morning and can barely walk. My low back and hips and buttocks feel sooo sore and tight.

I am thinking of going back on the guaifensen. I quit when they took it off the market as a script. I bought some from this site andd I remember feeling better so, guess I will try it again and stick to it.
  2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

Go to www.fibromyalgia.com for details of Dr St Amand's Guaifenesin protocol.
  3. LaurieB

LaurieB New Member

Kina,

What kind of guai are you using -- can you drink it or
    is it in pill form and how much are you taking each day? Is it like Noni?
  4. which kind from prohealth do u all buy? I now have the most expensive (as I won the letter of the mo awhile ago) . But wondered if the less expensive one worked as well.
  5. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

GUAIFENESIN 2008

Background:

In 2002 the FDA made a ruling that changed the guaifenesin protocol substantially. The many brands of generic prescription long acting guaifenesin were taken off the market. A more expensive (but over the counter) product, Mucinex (Adams Labs) was approved in their place. Although Mucinex is considered a replacement for what had been on the market for so long it really isn’t quite the same. Mucinex is actually a bi-layered tablet with a short acting layer as well as a timed release component.

We were suddenly faced with a dual challenge: trying to figure out how this might be different from what we’d been using and what to do for the people for whom this higher price was a real hardship. Many of Dr. St. Amand’s patients were able to stock up on the older prescription brands. But now those supplies are gone and countless new and old patients have helped us learn what follows.

We’re finding it’s no longer necessary to use the high doses of guaifenesin we often utilized in the past. To our surprise, short acting guaifenesin when added to long acting has proven a very effective delivery system. We believe this is due to the action of the cytochrome system.

We start patients with 300 mg twice daily guaifenesin. This should NOT be a short acting (or quick release) product. Use Mucinex (or the Pro Health 600 mg. product) or one of 600 tablets listed below. Only 20 percent of patients respond at 300 mg. twice a day. We do not use lower doses than that.

Patients remain at 300 mg. twice a day for ONE WEEK. If the patient doesn't feel worse, we ask him or her to increase the dose to 600 mg twice a day. 600 mg. twice a day is the correct dose for one month.

If the left thigh has not cleared after one month, or a patient notices no change in symptoms, the dose needs to be raised again. If a patient is taking Mucinex or Pro Health, he or she should go to 3 tablets a day. (can be taken as 1-2 or 1 1/2 twice a day.)

If the patient is taking a single layered guaifenesin the dose can be raised by adding a 400 mg. short acting twice a day to the 600 mg. or by adding another 600 mg. tablet.

However, if a higher dose is needed we use short and long acting (2 each, twice a day). This combination is working very well and seems to be handling between 90-95% of our patients. If money is not an issue, 2400 mg. of Mucinex with its two layers accomplishes the same thing.

Available Guaifenesin:

OVER THE COUNTER GUAIFENESIN SUITABLE FOR THE GUAIFENESIN PROTOCOL. USE THE SOLOGUAI SIX TO BEGIN WITH:

FROM CLEURE:

Only Cleure guaifenesin sales benefit The Fibromyalgia Treatment Center. Order with the link below or on the homepage. If ordering by telephone mention The Treatment Center. 888-883-4276. Cleure also carries salicylate free dental products, personal care items, make up, etc.

SOLOGUAI SIX:

600 mg. guaifenesin. Ingredients: stearic acid, dicalcium phosphate, croscarmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose, silica. www.cleure.com/ftc

SOLO GUAI FAST ACTING—

400 mg guaifenesin calcium phosphate dibasic, magnesium sterate, microcrystalline cellulose, Poridene K-30, prosolv, stearic acid.(www.cleure.com/ftc)

Cleure guaifenesin is latex exposure free.

______________________________________________________________________________

MARINA DEL REY PHARMACY COMPOUNDED GUAIFENESIN

IF YOUR DOCTOR WILL WRITE A PRESCRIPTION FOR GUAIFENESIN YOUR INSURANCE MAY COVER IT IF YOU HAVE COVERAGE FOR COMPOUNDED DRUGS OR IF YOU HAVE FLEXIBLE SPENDING BENEFITS. YOUR PRESCRIPTION SHOULD READ: GUAIFENESIN 6OO MG. DYE FREE. CONTACT MARINA DEL REY PHARMACY FOR MORE INFORMATION.

IF YOU LIVE IN THE UK YOUR IMPORT DUTIES WILL BE SUBSTANTIALLY LESS IF YOU HAVE A PRESCRIPTION FOR GUAIFENESIN AND ORDER IT THIS WAY.

THESE PRODUCTS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE OVER THE COUNTER AS OF MAY 2008.

GUAIFENESIN—DYE FREE 600 mg

Microcrystaline Cellulose, Stearic Acid, DiCalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Stearate. (www.fibropharmacy.com)

FAST-ACTING- FIBROPHARMACY GUAI 400 QA-Stearic Acid, Dicalcium Phosphate, Croscarmellose, Sodium and Silica. (www.fibropharmacy.com)

______________________________________________________________________________

PRO-HEALTH (IMMUNE-SUPPORT)

ProHealth product sales always benefit fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue research and awareness.

COMBINATION LONG ACTING/SHORT ACTING IN ONE PILL
    Pro Health 600 mg. Extended Release Formula.*
    Inactive ingredients: carbomer 934P, dyes, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, USP, magnesium stearate,, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate. (for ProHealth: www.immunesupport.com)

*this is the same product as Mucinex, the FDA approved bi-layered guaifenesin

FAST ACTING: Pro Health Guaifenesin FA 400 mg
    Inactive Ingredients: Collodial silicon dioxide, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, sodium saccharin, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc and vanillin.(www.immunesupport.com)

Local Pharmacies/Online Pharmacies (e.g. drugstore.com)

Mucinex 600 mg. Extended Release Formula.
    Inactive ingredients: carbomer 934P, dyes, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, USP, magnesium stearate,, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate.

Humibid 1200 mg Extended Release bi-layered tablet. Inactive ingredients: carbomer 934p, NF, Green lake blend, hypromellose, USP, magnesium stearate USP, microcrystalline cellulose NF,sodium starch glycolate.