Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Disorder (EDSD)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cactuslil, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Of course I begin this post and my pen is not working and my trusty pencil has vanished! But will forge ahead.
    While searching and searching I came upon the above disorder; if you plug in the above in "search the web" you will find all these sites that discuss this recognized disorder and you will see time and again that some of our "friends" i.e. restless leg syndrome for one, keeping popping up.

There is little doubt in my mind at present that possibly my episode w/the double vision and truly the double vision was because each eye was focusing independent of the other; the fact that my eyes do not accomodate equally is a long long standing problem with me and getting accurate lenses, plus I wear tri's at minimum. When I am mobile I can wear no glasses at all....if trying to walk, even with a walker or cane, I fall...these falls have just about become non-existant now that I take the glasses off; ditto with driving, which I do only when someone else cannot drive for me.

This EDSD is worth asking about, researching whatever. I try, against my bodies will, to not sleep during the day so I will NOT have trouble sleeping at night. Which I don't; I could go to bed at 10:00 if "time" allowed.

I also went to a number of sites out there in web-land about opthalmology and found a fantastic site www.opthal.org then began prowling around and the neuro section was fascinating. Time and time again 'our' disorders came up. Those who have the time would benefit from a course! I learned just how much I do not know.

Also check out the miriad of memory types there are! That too was a shocker!

We MUST learn about our "body systems" of disorder in order to help our physicians who may not have other patients that fall into this category. That is my situation but I am blessed with a physician willing to go the extra mile. Love CactusLil'
  2. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Of course I begin this post and my pen is not working and my trusty pencil has vanished! But will forge ahead.
    While searching and searching I came upon the above disorder; if you plug in the above in "search the web" you will find all these sites that discuss this recognized disorder and you will see time and again that some of our "friends" i.e. restless leg syndrome for one, keeping popping up.

There is little doubt in my mind at present that possibly my episode w/the double vision and truly the double vision was because each eye was focusing independent of the other; the fact that my eyes do not accomodate equally is a long long standing problem with me and getting accurate lenses, plus I wear tri's at minimum. When I am mobile I can wear no glasses at all....if trying to walk, even with a walker or cane, I fall...these falls have just about become non-existant now that I take the glasses off; ditto with driving, which I do only when someone else cannot drive for me.

This EDSD is worth asking about, researching whatever. I try, against my bodies will, to not sleep during the day so I will NOT have trouble sleeping at night. Which I don't; I could go to bed at 10:00 if "time" allowed.

I also went to a number of sites out there in web-land about opthalmology and found a fantastic site www.opthal.org then began prowling around and the neuro section was fascinating. Time and time again 'our' disorders came up. Those who have the time would benefit from a course! I learned just how much I do not know.

Also check out the miriad of memory types there are! That too was a shocker!

We MUST learn about our "body systems" of disorder in order to help our physicians who may not have other patients that fall into this category. That is my situation but I am blessed with a physician willing to go the extra mile. Love CactusLil'
  3. majic

majic New Member

glad that you are feeling better. i know you will find the problem and get it resolved. one thing that this dd has given me is to fight for me. thanks to all the wonderfull folks on this board that is so strong.majic