Excessive sweating - an idea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jadibeler, Jul 9, 2003.

1. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

Again, I find another problem to relate to FM. So many have mentioned it (I've been surfing the board, since I'm new, reading up on all the related problems)that I now don't feel like a freak.

A very proper older woman once corrected my terminology, saying "Horses sweat and gentlemen perspire - women glow". I looked her right in the eye and said "No - I SWEAT!" Just call me "Flicka".

It's so embarrassing. Men can get away with it and not draw attention but I'm very selfconscious about the river running down my neck and abdomen, soaking my blouse and waistband. And I can't keep my hair clean with all the sweat in it.

But I recently came up with an idea and it actually seems to work fairly well - at least it helps. Can't do anything about the scalp, but before going out of the house (I live in East Texas)I take my stick of Mitchem for Women and run it over my neck, chest, under my chin and under (and up onto underside of) my breasts. The other day I was in a hurry and forgot to do under my chin. Before I even got out of the driveway, I was reaching for a paper towel to wipe the waterfall off my chin, but everywhere else was dry (clammy, certainly, but nothing running)

I'm sure other stick deoderants will work, but my problems with sweat and BO were always so bad that Mitchem was the only thing that ever really worked.

JoAnn
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Can't use the Mitchem, too many chemicals in it, and its an antiperspirant. I am very allergic to chemicals.

I use one called; 'Crystal' stick deodorant. Its natural, comes in a roll on, or the actual crystal. It lasts for a year.

Thanks for the tips about around the neck. That should be a big help.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I can only use those sticky gel deodorants instead of the white chalky ones I used to grind into my pits. The gels don't do as good a job against odor, and when one is on the Guai, all the nasty debris, which the Guai is pulling out of the soft tissues, comes out in one's sweat.

I have tried the "natural" mineral solid rocks, but they are even worse for controlling the odor from Gaui sweat.

I do use deodorant under my breasts to stop sweating and rashes and I wear cotton underwear.

Love, Mikie
  4. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

Thanks for reminding me about the limitations with guai. I'm not there yet, so forgot about the sals.

This would not work with just deoderant. And I do know that bad things come out in our sweat - that's why I only do it when I'm going out in public, which isn't often these days.

JoAnn