Excessive SWEATING from my head!

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Buckwheat, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Buckwheat

Buckwheat New Member

Hello to all,
    I am experiencing sweating from my head. I drip actual water coming from my head. This occurs when I am working hard physically, getting ready to go out and in a rush. I had never had this problem before. I do not sweat a lot in any other place on my body. Please help! ANyone know of something (natural) I can take to help this problem. I cannot keep a hair-do! Lol, lol, lol.
    Thanks!
  2. beth~

beth~ New Member

Me, too!!! It's awful!!!! It has improved a lot since my GYN put me on Progesterone cream instead of Estrogen. It's suppose to help with my foggy brain, too but so far nothing but it's only been 2 1/2 months. Check it out. Beth~
  3. Buckwheat

Buckwheat New Member

I have never been on any harmons at all. I chose to stay away from them and do the natural thing. DOn't know if I made the right decision or not. Please keep me informed on your progress, and if you hear of anything that may help in the
    'natural"
  4. beth~

beth~ New Member

THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE RUN ACROSS!!!! CAN'T STAND WATER RUNNING FROM MY HEAD, DRIPPING DOWN ONTO MY FACE, CHEST, ETC. THE SWEATING HAS COMPLETELY STOPPED!!!!! IT'S ALSO SUPPOSE TO HELP THIS "BRAIN FOG" BUT HAVEN'T BEEN ON IT LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW. I JUST CAN'T THINK, FORM SENSIBLE CONVERSATIONS, ETC. HOPE YOU FIND HELP. I'M STILL LOOKING FOR HELP ON OTHER PROBLEMS.
  5. Barbara047

Barbara047 New Member

I'm so glad to know that their are other people suffering like me. Only my head sweats and face gets red. so embarrassing. when I visit my neices they also ask are you alright? why are you sweating and red in the face? I have been on prempo, progesterine, premarin, also tried soy powder, black cohosh, I went through menopause stopped taking the prempo and I was actually a little bit better. Wish there was a cure. Does any
    one know what else helps? Because I have fibromyalgia and chronic back pain from car accident my like sucks. Help me.
  6. nlissor

nlissor New Member

Hi Buckwheat, This might help. It`s herbal, but you need a perscription. I use to have at least 10 hotflashes a day, now only about three!!! It`s Bellamine S. It works for me. Good luck. Noreen
  7. Buckwheat

Buckwheat New Member

I am going to try everything you all have suggested. Will keep you posted on results.
    Thanks!
  8. ljsparkleee

ljsparkleee New Member

Hi folks!! I have been suffering from excessive body sweat (mostly underarms) for about 10 years now. (I am 23 years old) I have tried many different antiperspirants that supposed to dry up the glands. The only thing they did was make my underarm skin itchy and very uncomfortable. My physican prescribed my Bella donna. I took one pill every 4 hours. I dried up somewhat, however, my throat was so dry and my hands swelled!! I did not like these symptoms so I stopped taking Bella donna.

About three months ago I decided to join a gym and lose weight. Every time I went I would sweat a lot as predicted. I have lost 10 pounds and I do not sweat nearly as much as I did before I worked out!! Before, I would wake up and start dripping. Now, I can wear tight fitting tees most the time. Can anybody explain why my body changed like this?? I would appreciate it!!!

LJ
  9. LADYBUG2

LADYBUG2 New Member

I "NEVER" USE TO SWEAT ,AT ALL. AT MENOPAUSE, DECIDED TO GET ONTO ESTROGEN, & IT REALLY HELPED THE "LITE SWEATS" WHICH WERE OFF AND ON,,DAY & NITE..

AS MY "MANY" SYMPTOMS EMERGED, & MY DOCTOR TOLD ME I HAD FIRBO, ONE OF MY PROBLEMS IS "MAJOR" SWEATING. WHEN IT HAPPENS, MY HAIR IS JUST DRENCHED AT THE SCALP,LIKE IN STREAMS,, AND JUST RUNS DOWN INTO MY FACE & NECK... AND AT TIMES, THE SWEAT WILL JUST DRIP OFF OF MY CHEST AREA.

IT IS JUST MISERABLE... I KEEP MY A/C ON EVEN IN THE WINTER.
    ITS HARD AT TIMES JUST TO GET MY HAIR BLOW DRYED ,DUE TO THE SWEATS, AT THE END OF MY SHOWER, I USE A VERY COOL RINSE....I USUALLY HAVE A GLASS OR CONTAINER, OF ICE WATER WITH ME, EVERY WHERE I GO.

I HAVE TRYED, SO MANY THINGS, BUT NOTHING HAS HELPED.
    SO, I ALSO PUT SMALL FANS IN EVERY ROOM OF MY HOME,,AND CARRY IN MY PURSE A BATTERY OPERATED FAN,WITH EXTRA BATTERYS. AND I MUST ADD, WHEN THIS HAPPENS, AFTERWORDS,

IT JUST MAKES ME FEEL SO VERY TIRED. I LOVE SUMMER,,BUT ONLY FROM LOOKING OUT MY WINDOW,OR IN OUR CAR, WITH THE A/C ON HIGH.

EVERYONE KNOWS TO BRING A SWEATER, WHEN THEY COME TO MY HOME !!!!
    WISHING IT WOULD STOP SOMEDAY !!!!!!! SOON !!!!!!
    LADYBUG2

THYROID, IS NOT TO BAD, ON A LITE DOSAGE OF SYNTHROID, BUT THIS DOES NOT HELP THESE "DRENCHING HEAD SWEATS.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/13/2003]