Exciting News About New Doctor for Guai Protocol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janieb, Apr 24, 2006.

1. janieb

janieb New Member

Yesterday, for the first time, I met with a Dr. Adell from Eau Claire. I had been told she was the best fibro doctor in Eau Claire, WI.

Dr. Adell is familiar with the Guai Protocol and has had some success with the procedure. She took lots of time to gather information, since I've had this for 15 years, discovered problems with my body I didn't know I had, and was just generally patient and easy to talk to.

We are going to try the guai protocol as soon as I get home from vacation and set up with all the proper products. The lists are very valuable to me. It will help me to purchase items that are safe. This is exciting for me and my niece who is also hyperflexible and has fibro. Ya, we have the double whammie.

It's a little late for me, at 62, but should be a new life for my niece.

Janie B
  2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

This is great news Janie, & I wish you well with the protocol. It isn't too late for you, there are people older than you successfully doing it. You'll need to be totally committed in order to tolerate your symptoms worsening as you reverse cycle. You'll also need a copy of Dr St Amand's book 'What your doctor may not tell you about fibromyalgia' so that you can be sure to avoid salicylates.

I'm very jealous as I'm having to do it just from the book - no doctors offer it in my country.
  3. janieb

janieb New Member

months, so I do know how lucky I am. She seems to understand everything so well and asked so many questions. It seems that if you have both fibro and hyper flexibility, it's a double whammy. When she reached my hips, however, she found they are less flexible than they should be, and attributes that to arthritis. They did x-rays yesterday and I don't have the results, yet, but don't expect them to be good. My normal GP just assummed it was fibro and never checked. We just keep going on, even when it seems impossible.

The book by Dr. St. Amand was given to me by a friend and that's what started the search.

By the way, I'm able to leave today for Las Vegas for a few days and meet up with four girlfriends. Am hoping the trip goes well.

Thanks.

janieb
    [This Message was Edited on 04/25/2006]
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Dr St Amand believes that untreated fibro can become arthritis. When our bodies run out of any other places to store phosphates, he believes that they are then stored in the joints. Do you have the latest edition of the book?
  5. cindye

cindye New Member

Good luck! My daughter went through that about 4 years ago - it started her back on her way to a life. She had a very patient chiropractor who used massage therapy and physical therapy along with his adjustments and the guai.
    There are some real tough times but it was worth it! Don't give up! She is currently going to a Fibormyalgia and Fatigue Center to try to get some of the other issues taken care of - thyroid, hormomes etc.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are a bunch of us here on the protocol and we post here to see how everyone is doing on the treatment. We call ourselves the Guai Group. Watch for our posts or start one of your own. I am almost 62 and started the Guai Protocol five years ago next month. I am about 90 percent reversed with my FMS symptoms. It is never too late. I would likely still be bedridden most of the time and on Morphine for pain were it not for this treatment.

Also, Smiffy is right. I have some osteoarthritis in my hands, wrists, hips, and knees. Even though the Guai is not supposed to help with OA, it helps mine. Claudia, Dr. St. Amand's nurse and co-author, says the Guai also helps hers.

Unfortunately, I also have CFIDS, which, for me, is the worse of the two evils. I am aggressively treating the CFIDS and am making progress but it is very slow going. The good news is that I can concentrate on treating the CFIDS because the Guai has helped so much with the FMS.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Janie:
    Best of luck to you and your niece. I hope things go well for both of you on the protocol.

nyrofan