Exclusionary Testing Prior to CFS Diagnosis?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Slayadragon, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I'm interested in finding out how many people on the board had testing to exclude the possibility of other diseases before being diagnosed with CFS.

For those that did have testing, what kinds of tests did you have done?

(Other than routine blood/urine tests, I mean.)

Thanks!
  2. Lichu3

Lichu3 New Member

I had the full body scan (MRI head, CT chest/abd), spinal tap, immunoglobulins, T-cell subset analysis, allergy testing (skin/ blood since my IgE is high), Lyme blood test, West nile IgG, ASO titer (for strep), Monospot (transiently positive), EBV titers, ESR, rhematologic testing (ANA plus antiDS-DNA and others), blood cultures, heavy metal testing by blood, thyroid/estrogen/FSH/testosterone/ cortisol, HIV, Hep B/C, urinalysis - all done through my primary and ID docs.

Besides them, I also was sent to see a rheumatologist and 2 neurologists (since I had a bad headache at the start).

They want me to repeat the CT scan in a couple months although the chance of any new findings is low. I also will get my T-cells repeated since they are also below normal.
    I still have some viral titers pending.

It would be great if there were better guidelines on what most people with suspected CFS should get tested for. Some people may have had more thorough investigations than others.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/14/2007]