Excuse Me But I'm Going to Discuss Smelly Urine and Coral Calcium

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jasmine, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hello Everyone!
    This is an embarassing thing but I'm going to discuss problems with smelly urine. For years I had urine that smelled like ammonia from the CFS/FM and I was at my sickest and completely bedridden at that time.

Shortly after I started taking the Nature's Benefit Coral Calcium Powder, I noticed that my urine stopped smelling like ammonia. I'm feeling much better from the coral calcium and still losing weight.

Love, Jasmine

2. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

It's amazing what that Nature's Benefit Coral Calcium Powder is doing for me. I love the stuff. I'll e-mail you about my coral calcium powder. It's expensive but it works so well. I was thinking of switching to a cheaper brand but I'm wondering if it will work as well.

Love, Jasmine
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

you two so well I would say you sound like one of those Commericals, where the Subway guy is riding a Bus to work, and some guy yells out at him, like he know's him, and then say's, you going to work, what's new there at Subway, then everyone get's off the Bus. lol. Guess you had to see it.

To be Serious, does this CC help with UTI'S?
    I have another one going, and I'm just courious if that would help cut back on them.

Must check into this a little more, I'm sick of Anti- botics,

Have a Great Night Gals.

No they are not Salewomen, hope everyone knew I was kidding.

sharon
  4. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Yes, I am starting to sound like an infomercial! Maybe you'll see me drop by on Robert Barefoot's next infomercial. I'll be the slim one! LOL!

Sharon,
    I don't know about coral calcium and the UTI's. I've never had an UTI but I used to drink cranberry juice which is very acidic to prevent UTI's when it felt like one may be starting up. Now cranberry juice is very acidic and coral calcium is very alkaline so I really don't think the coral calcium would help a UTI if I had to guess of the top of my head.

Love, Jasmine
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I think you just 'scared' me from taking Coral Calcium! I am always trying to gain weight, not lose it. Are you sure the calcium is causing the weight loss?

I had that ammonia odor to urine and sweating too. I take 'Essiac' herbal tea, by; Resperin Corp. It took about two weeks for it to detox my body from whatever was causing that odor. Its been gone for years now.

I rarely need to even use a deodorant anymore. We are a strange bunch, are we not???

Glad to hear the calcium is such a big help for you. But I am truly concerned about the weight loss, as I can't afford to lose any weight at all!

Shalom, Shirl
  6. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Hi Jasmine - thanks for posting about coral calcium. I drive school bus & just went back to work after being off for 4 1/2 months. One of my students mom came out to the bus & asked how I was, etc. & the next day she brought me some info on Ionic Coral Calcium. The info specifically talked about FM. She sells it. There was no info on how many mg/cap. or any prices. Is what you take in a capsule? I'm not sure about taking it, I'm already taking so many things. Is this Ionic the same that you are talking about?

Does everyone check with their doc before starting something new or do you just take it upon yourself to decide? I'm clueless. Since finding this board there is just so much info to process & too little brain!!

Is this how life is for us? We take all kinds of pills & stuff? Boy, I just hate that. Wish there was one "miracle pill" that had it all!

Thanks for answering any of my questions that you can.

Kathi
  7. layinglow

layinglow New Member

I take Mannose for chronic UTI's....
    95% of UTI's are caused by e coli.
    E coli have sticky protrusions that allow them to stick to the bladder wall, (and actually they can migrate up the ureter to the kidney, as well.) The act of urination flushes most pathogens out of bladder, but not this clingy e coli bacteria.
    Anyway, Mannose is a sugar---that is not absorbed by the body (diabetics can use it). Mannose adheres to the e coli, and allows them to be flushed out during urination.
    Its been a great help to me, to find it. I have had chronic (every 2-3 month) UTI's (bladder and kidney infections since I was 13, now I am 45. I have been using it for 8 months now. I have also managed to clear up the probs that--that many years of antibiotics caused, thank goodness.
    Best wishes, LL
  8. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I Quit drinking my Cranberry Juice, I looked back in my Journal, and it's been a couple of months, so that could be why I'm getting it again. Dang. huh?

Glad the Store was having a sale on Yogurt, I'll need to eat two a day to ward off the Yestie Beast, This week went from Bad to Lousy, to Worse, (see post's on cc bd)

Then to top it off, I took my Pup out at 3 am, and when we came back inside, I Tripped over a Stupid Cord that my Hubby had left in the Middle of the doorway, he was charging his Laptop.
    The Funny part, I scremed as I feel, he was asleep on the couch, sprang up, yelling "MoM you OK? I started laughing inspite of the Pain. He is banned from pluging it in there, he has to use to table.
    You should see the Red Spot, bet it turns B&B by Noon.
    Oh yeah he Claims he was dreaming about Camping. lol.

Back to the CC, I too am like Shirl, I work to keep the Weight on, I work just to have an appeittie, so I'm wondering if it might be Killing your desire to eat?
    If I didn't smoke MJ, I would be nothing but a bag of bone', so maybe I'll stick with the Cranberry's, and go buy some Fresh ones too.

Sincerely
    sharon
  9. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I am also taking the coral calcium Plus from Natures Bounty. Dont know if its a good brand or not but its the only one I could afford. Just a heads up...on my bottle it says if you develope as adverse reactions such as headaches,weight loss, diarrhea,alegic reaction or changesin urinary habits to stop use. Just thought I'd post this since you were having the weight lose and urine smell.
    Carlacat
  10. marta

marta New Member

Just thought I'd pop in and add that cranberry concentrate capsules are better for most of us than cranberry juice because of the sugar or sugar substitute in the juice. I cured myself of a nasty UTI last year with the capsules.

I'm very interested in the coral calcium info too. Thanks.

Marta
  11. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Sharon,
    Hope the cranberries help your UTI.

Shirl,
    I've read about the Essiac Tea and cancer. Are you taking it as cancer prevention or for some other reason. If I was thin, then I guess I would worry about losing weight on the coral calcium. But I haven't seen anyone else post about losing weight with coral calcium so you should just give it a try.

My coral calcium is a powder and not in capsules. I have trouble swallowing so I buy the powder. I take 1,200mg of coral calcium a day which is 120% Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA)Calcium.

Love, Jasmine