Exercise and Muscles that refuse to cooperate.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pjj, Dec 9, 2009.

1. pjj

pjj New Member

Does anyone else have " muscle fatigue" with prolonged exercise such as one would do at a gym using various machines and doing 3 reps of 15 each in succesion? Have recently joined a gym and am working with instructors ( Physical Therapists ). I have never had this happen befor but then I have not done this type of sustained exercise either.
    Last week it was my legs that just refused to move ( almost like they were paralyzed--- but weren't ) and this week my arms.
    The PTs seemed to accept it, not concerned but gave no explanation.
    Is this just a part of getting in shape , that will pass as i get stronger?
  2. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

pjj, it really depends on what illness you are dealing with. Lyme, Fibromylagia, EBV and chronic fatigue all have this problem and the main thing is not to push yourself or you will get worse. Doing some research on what ever brought you to this board is a great help so we don't' get worse.
    I had to start with baby steps, literally when I got back to some light exercise and no way could I do the machines at a gym but, again, it depends on what is the problem and how bad it has gotten, most would agree to start out slow