exercise=flare ups/new to message board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cherkare, Sep 15, 2002.

1. cherkare

cherkare New Member

Hi,
    I'm new to the message board. i'm very glad to find it. i've been reading a lot of messages and can relate to so many. i did't see anything about a problem i'm having.

Does exercise put anyone out there into a flare up?
    the more i try to exercise the more i have muscle twitching, spasms, pain and not being able to sleep. my hips and legs are the worst. they almost feel like there is no circulation in them, they sometimes get icy cold. my whole body gets cold and then i get the sweats. when the whether changes like rain everything magnifies.

i was diagnosed with fm and cfs when i was 38 , in 1994. it came on hard and fast. i was out of work within 4 months. i constantly try to push the evelope so to speak , but end up in my wheelchair or in bed. family visited me the whole month of july and since we're in florida we did the usual disney, busch gardens, etc. etc. i''m in such a flare up right now that i've spent the whole month in bed barely being able to get up. this is the first time i've been on line in ages.

my stress levels are very high also. in the last year:
    my mother died, my uncle died the same week, my husbands car died, bought new used car which then after a few months the transmission died, (of course the warranty would only cover 1/4 of the cost.. My husbands computer died, and then so did my macintosh, the roof began to leak, new roof needed, water leak in garage, buy new water heater, turned out to be clogged air conditioner, snake in garage still there i think, too afraid to go look. neighbor lady sees me outside, which is rare and promply comes over and yells at me (this has happened about 4 x now) tells me i'm an awful person, i'm not nice or social with the other neighbors, i'm not helping myself, whatever that means, and then tells neighbors stories about me so they now do not wave if i'm out. these people haven't even bothered to get to know me. i'm sick a lot so i don't go out but the stress of the neighbors being so hateful makes me stay in more.
    At Christmas we had a flood from the bathroom and ruined all my carpet. guy that was suppose to help with new carpet and repairs was difficult, even the insurance co. was difficult, it took them 3 weeks to come and access damage.
    the list keeps going. every week it's something new. this week was the (reverse osmosis) my drinking water broke back to bottled water till the 23rd. Oh Yea, and the bank account got frozen and with all this going on it doesn't much matter. It's broke too!
    well i'm going to stop there. maybe i should post a weekly -what's happened at my house for everyone to read. maybe that would help my stress levels and turn it into comic relief.
    can anyone relate?????

would love to here from anyone out there, gotta go just heard a rumble out there, oh yippie, another rain storm,

cherkare
  2. cherkare

cherkare New Member

Hi,
    I'm new to the message board. i'm very glad to find it. i've been reading a lot of messages and can relate to so many. i did't see anything about a problem i'm having.

Does exercise put anyone out there into a flare up?
    the more i try to exercise the more i have muscle twitching, spasms, pain and not being able to sleep. my hips and legs are the worst. they almost feel like there is no circulation in them, they sometimes get icy cold. my whole body gets cold and then i get the sweats. when the whether changes like rain everything magnifies.

i was diagnosed with fm and cfs when i was 38 , in 1994. it came on hard and fast. i was out of work within 4 months. i constantly try to push the evelope so to speak , but end up in my wheelchair or in bed. family visited me the whole month of july and since we're in florida we did the usual disney, busch gardens, etc. etc. i''m in such a flare up right now that i've spent the whole month in bed barely being able to get up. this is the first time i've been on line in ages.

my stress levels are very high also. in the last year:
    my mother died, my uncle died the same week, my husbands car died, bought new used car which then after a few months the transmission died, (of course the warranty would only cover 1/4 of the cost.. My husbands computer died, and then so did my macintosh, the roof began to leak, new roof needed, water leak in garage, buy new water heater, turned out to be clogged air conditioner, snake in garage still there i think, too afraid to go look. neighbor lady sees me outside, which is rare and promply comes over and yells at me (this has happened about 4 x now) tells me i'm an awful person, i'm not nice or social with the other neighbors, i'm not helping myself, whatever that means, and then tells neighbors stories about me so they now do not wave if i'm out. these people haven't even bothered to get to know me. i'm sick a lot so i don't go out but the stress of the neighbors being so hateful makes me stay in more.
    At Christmas we had a flood from the bathroom and ruined all my carpet. guy that was suppose to help with new carpet and repairs was difficult, even the insurance co. was difficult, it took them 3 weeks to come and access damage.
    the list keeps going. every week it's something new. this week was the (reverse osmosis) my drinking water broke back to bottled water till the 23rd. Oh Yea, and the bank account got frozen and with all this going on it doesn't much matter. It's broke too!
    well i'm going to stop there. maybe i should post a weekly -what's happened at my house for everyone to read. maybe that would help my stress levels and turn it into comic relief.
    can anyone relate?????

would love to here from anyone out there, gotta go just heard a rumble out there, oh yippie, another rain storm,

cherkare
  3. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

but, never start to get tired or cause pain. If it does stop. Baby stepping. I do Warm water hydro theropy right now and I am suspended in the water so I am not standing it's a great way to get toned w/o all the pressure on the body. You never want to relapse or go backwards.

To the sky is falling. Yep, we had a water fall from the towlet float breaking off while we were sleeping. Floy flooded us and then roof had problems to and we still haven't gotton every thing fixed from that hurrican. And yes the list goes on, but we find that Murphys law is with us daily but, we always end up okay and good things come out of the bad. I also try never to never say what else because as soon as I do it happens. Like 2 months ago I was at the doctors office and we were going over all the stuff that is going on with me and I said well ar least I never had hemroids. Well, yesturday I was showering and all of a sudden I had sharp stabbing pain and it is still ther eI can't get it to stop. I will call PCP tomorrow. I put ice pack on it since the warm sits bath my P's suggested made it hurt more. I can't find a comfortable possiton. I should have learned to keep my mouth shut. I guess I need it lanced or banded. Just what I wanted to do have my tussy exposed. I can't even go to the bathroom for either w/o terrible pain. Oh, well you just have to laugh or else you'd cry.

Good luck to you and Welcome, Kim and Gary
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

To the board Cherkare, wow, you have really had your share and then some, haven't you??

I think Gary filled you in on the exercise bit, and the Murphy's Law thing too!

Don't worry about those neighbors, I have been living here for eight years, and am on first name basis with only one of them. I consider it their lost not mine. Anyway, its peaceful this way.

That snake is probably long gone if he's anything like the ones here in Louisiana. I had to buy a 4-10 shotgun, and learn to shoot it, just to get rid of the miserable things when I moved here, at least near the house anyway.

We are so glad you found our board, will be looking forward to knowing you better.

By the way, if you like to have a little fun, we do have a; 'Chit Chat Board'(not to be confused with the live Chat Line), thats for general conversation and lots of jokes and some very funny ladies who go there often. Just go to where it says; 'Message Boards' at the top of this page, and click there, it will bring you to an index of the forums that are available at Pro Health, just click on 'Chit Chat', and you will be among a bunch of great people there as well as here too.

Take care,

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2002]

[ advertisement ]