exercise for muscle knots

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mariee, Jan 31, 2006.

1. mariee

mariee Member

Hello!
    I have knots especially in the muscles of my neck and upper back. My hubby said his doc informed him not to exercise til the knots are gone. I can't afford massage, so what to do? I would love to start an exercise program.
    Anyone have suggestions for muscle knots?
    Thanks a bunch.
    Mariee
  2. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Does your insurance cover chiropractic? My chiro works on my muscle knots. Also, some massage therapists will work on you for a $1 a minute on a massage chair. Good luck.

M
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

It is easy to get rid of knots, if you know someone who can help you. Use any oil, even olive oil - have someone put it on your back where you think the knots are and feel around with their "thumb" for the knot. Then they can just massage the knot a minute or so and you will be much better.

You really don't have to pay someone because it is so easy to learn.

Secondly, there is a device sold at "Relax the Back" store called the "Back Knobber II" - if you look on their website you can find a picture. It is a large S shaped with a knob on the end. It works perfectly to massage the knots yourself. I carry one in the car as well as home.
  4. proteinlady

proteinlady New Member

Cut the leg off of an old pair of pantyhose at the thigh. Put the tennis ball into the stocking and center it along the length. Tie a knot right before the ball and right after the ball. Now when you lean on the ball up against the wall you can hold onto the stocking handles easily and guide the ball to where you want it.