Exercise forr my tummy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any exercise or exercises not to hard and (that does not take to much exersion) to get rid of dumb tummy bulge??? It is driving me crazy when my pants don't fit anymore - - -aaack !!

I do some exercises but don't have the energy to do alot of heavy situps or whatever . Was just hoping someone would have an easy answer for me (-: !!

Hugs, Granni
  2. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Everywhere I have read on the web has stated that you can do 1000 sit ups or crunches a day but it only firms up the muscles that are UNDER the fat on our tummies. In order to reduce the tummy area, they suggest cardio exercise. You have to lose the fat that covers the muscle. Walking is still a good choice, and the faster and longer that you can walk the better....
  3. Granniluvsu

Thanks for your posts. I will try those tummy exercises to see if they do anything. DH and I go to the gym a couple of times a week and I do the treadmill for about 1 mile at 3.4. I cannot do it any faster than that. I hurt the whole time and energy isn't that great either. I know it would be great to do it more but I am lucky to do that. IF DH wasn't there to push I probably wouldn;t do it that much. I do not sit around all day (usually) and am fairly active, so it is not that I do not do anything and sit ALL day.

However, I also used to tap dance but now do not do to much of that since their closed that studio a couple of years ao.

However, I know that my metabolism has gone way down. I never could gain andything and now I am and mostly in the tummy,butt and hip area. The tummy is the most annoying !

We do not eat alot of breads , maybe a sandwich for lunch and if we go out to eat. Otherwiew we do not have bread at meal time. My only downfall is pasta and I love it. I try and limit my postions but but sometimtes I eat it anyway. I am only about 130 lbs. Oh, I am hypothyroid too and also take meds for that.

I have FM,CMPS and some CFS. I think the pain just wears me down an I do not feel like doing anything but I push myself.

Thanks to all of you !

Any more suggestions just let me know.

Hugs to all,

4. Granniluvsu

Oh that will be too hard but I will try. I always make extra spagjetti so we can both have it for lunch. We used to have brread with it (garlic breae) but I don;t do that anymore.

I will try and be good after I eat all the spaghetti in the refrig right now. However, that is one of the easier things to make without to much effort. I just have to learn not to have two dishes of it. I always did but my body has changed now. So, I have to change my eating to go along with my body changes (and advancing age.) That at lease sounds better than OLD age (-: !! .

I guess I always knew that was part of the answer but oh my I just love that stuff.

I didn't realize that I was a pastaholic (-: !! I guess I am (tee hee) !

5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I love the tummy tighening one - I like exercises I can do everywhere.

What I've noticed since I've been less well is that my posture isn't as good as it was. Sitting at the computer, I often find myself slumped, tummy poofed out. Ugh. I'm changing that right now.

6. Denamay

Denamay New Member

The exercise that hangininthere recommended works great.

I started doing the sucking up the tummy muscles a few years ago. It took time but does work.

It is kind of hard at first but soon becomes a habit.

She is right, the exercise does not take the fat away but underneith the muscle is nice and tight.

Hope the exercise works for you. Denamay
  7. Granniluvsu

Denamy and Marta,

As we speak I am trying to do the exercises. I know my ooisture is also not the greatest either. Like you said with not feel well I relly have to concentrate on sitting up correctly , etc.

That is also alot easier than giving up pasta and starches. I will try and cut my portions as DH has to have them too. If they are there I will have some but will try and cut back.

I think I have heard about the exercises before but just had forgotten about them.

Have to run for now.

Thanks again to everybody !

8. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

I love Pasta too but now that I'm on this restricted diet, I won't be allowed to have bread, pasta, or rice for 3-6 months. The foods can swell in the stomach pouch and stretch it. Even though I was slow bouncing back from the surgery, I still feel better than I have for a while on this restricted diet. Go figure, I never thought I would be one to say that.

Pastas and breads are to DIE for, but they can mess with your blood sugar. You might want to switch to whole wheat pastas and breads because they are complex carbs and enter your system more slowly than duram pasta or white bread. But I'm not sure if that will affect the tummy any!

9. Granniluvsu

Erin - We already use wheat breat when we have bread. I haven't tried the whole wheat pastas thought. Do they have them in the regular grocery stores? I haven't really looked. I know they havae them in the health food store but they are not to cheap.

Keep it up Erin you sound like you are doing great ! Hope you don't get to much of the storm tonight and tomorrow (su too). However, you are alot closer than we are from the coast, I am sure.

Hugs, Granni