Exercise routine is moving along slowly :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

I had posted here before about how difficult it is to start and keep an exercise routine going. I have FM/TMJ back problems hip problems, seems like so much, but I was determined to try to find some kind of exercise to do.

I decided to purchase an upright exercise bike back in September. My brother-in-law set it up for me, so grateful to him for that. I decided to be smart for once and start very slow. I made up an exercise journal starting back in October of 2009. I chose October because I wanted to establish a routine BEFORE the nasty Holidays hit me.

I knew that during the Holidays, I would never do it, but now I exercised through out the season. I decided to be smart and only started with 3 minutes a day, and I would only go up half a minute from there everyday, this did work because I did not tire out my nasty FM body, LOL.

Now I am doing 30 minutes and it's not as hard as I thought, but so grateful I can do it. My clothes do feel better on me, and my outlook is much better with exercise, but just about a week ago, I flared really bad, and I am still flaring. I am afraid I hit a plateau or something, not sure. My goal was 30 minutes at least 5 times a week. I have at least 40 pounds to lose and I had to cut back my routine to about 15 minutes a day instead of the 30, not sure what happend here. I just cut back this week because of the flare.

My family is proud of me, but they don't understand that I may not be able to keep this up, maybe the 30 minutes is too much for my body and I will be disappointed if my weight loss efforts will take too long. Maybe this is my body telling me to SLOW down. Trying to keep a chin up on this New Year's Day, by the way Happy New Year to all. Hugs, Chelz.