Exercise testing in Northern California

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lichu3, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Lichu3

Lichu3 New Member

Hi, I'm preparing for my long-term disability and SSDI fight and am trying to get "proof" of my disability, particularly in regards to post-exertional malaise. My SSDI lawyer doesn't have a current recommendation for exercise testing in the San Francisco area since the one he usually used just closed down.

I did some research and found that some of the work on post-exertional malaise was done at the University of the Pacific in Stockton, California. I called the the physical therapy department there and, surprisingly, got through to head of research there, Dr. J. Mark Vanness. Their lab did exercise testing on Ampligen subjects and will be working with Dr. Montoya in his trial to document physical functioning. Dr. Vanness was a nice guy and spent several minutes talking to me.

I also found out that they do individual testing for people with CFS. Has anyone gotten exercise testing at this site before or from other places in Northern California? I'm looking for a group that knows how to interpret CFS results and are not beholden to the insurance companies. Thanks.