Exercise

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jc2jd, Aug 22, 2005.

1. jc2jd

jc2jd New Member

Hi again all!! I'm looking for some example exercise routines that anyone out there might do....I used to be a bodybuilder. I lost 40 lbs at one time and was thinking of competing....but then this illness happened. I have gained all the weight I once lost and my self esteem is at a record low. I swore I would not let the weight come back but now it's here....stuck everywhere....sigh.

I have tried lifting weights again, but my stamina is so crappy that a couple sets will wipe me out for the rest of the day, and aerobic exercise is even worse! Anyone have any Fibro adjusted routines that I can try??

I am still active with my job because I don't have a choice and am on my feet carrying things the whole shift. This is probably the only thing that saves me from being 50 pounds more than I already am but is not taking off any weight...help!!!
  2. maripat

maripat New Member

Have you ever tried water excercises. If it weren't for swimming and excersising in a warm therapy pool I really think I might loose it. Check your local Gyms. The resistance in the water it great. Hope your able to give it a try.
    maripat
  3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I have never been athletic and been overweight most of my life, but now make exercise a regular part of my life.

I don't always want to but I feel better overall when I do.

What I do depends on how I feel.

I do stretches and strengthening exercise most every day. I also have osteoarthritis and degenerative disc and degenerative facet disease. Like most here, I am very stiff when I wake up.

I make a point of doing at least 30 minutes of exercise each day. Sometimes I walk. Sometimes I do a Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds tape. I use my pool a lot. I can usually always do some water exercises.

I do stretching and strengthening in the water and walk laps rather than swim.

I used to do some repititions with 2 pound weights, but my shoulders have been too sore lately to do that.

I also have a few that I do with exercise bands.

And I have lost weight, 60 lbs. this year. Yahoo! But....
    still that much to go.

And yes, there are a few days I had too much pain or exhaustion to exercise. But that is the exception and not the rule.