Exercising Fibro right out of me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GoDaleJr, Aug 22, 2002.

1. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

Yeah, right. This is what my Rheumie is telling me. I told him I have been exercising every day but went into a flare last week. He says the weather change from hot to cool has effected everyone around here negatively. OK, so maybe that is it. But now he is telling me to up the exercise! To push myself more, sweat more! Buy weights and build muscles!!
    UGH! I feel like I am going to be an exercise junky!!
    He also thinks I am ready to go back to work.
    Hopefully all this exercise will work. So far, I have been doing it for 3 weeks and I am not tired in the day anymore and I have more energy. Along with a healthy diet, I am on my way to something good! I'm reading positive books as well. Currently "The Art of Happiness" by Dalai Lama. Also "Self Matters" by Dr. Phil.
    Well, my friends, I don't know how much longer I will be seen on this support board!!
    GOod luck to all and best wishes for pain-free existance!
    ~Gina

2. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

Yeah, right. This is what my Rheumie is telling me. I told him I have been exercising every day but went into a flare last week. He says the weather change from hot to cool has effected everyone around here negatively. OK, so maybe that is it. But now he is telling me to up the exercise! To push myself more, sweat more! Buy weights and build muscles!!
    UGH! I feel like I am going to be an exercise junky!!
    He also thinks I am ready to go back to work.
    Hopefully all this exercise will work. So far, I have been doing it for 3 weeks and I am not tired in the day anymore and I have more energy. Along with a healthy diet, I am on my way to something good! I'm reading positive books as well. Currently "The Art of Happiness" by Dalai Lama. Also "Self Matters" by Dr. Phil.
    Well, my friends, I don't know how much longer I will be seen on this support board!!
    GOod luck to all and best wishes for pain-free existance!
    ~Gina

3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

so glad you're feeling better. Michele