(exercising in) CHICAGO!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GeliGirl, Jun 26, 2003.

1. GeliGirl

GeliGirl New Member

I was wondering if any of you know a good fitness center/gym to go to. I don't know where to start, I've never really 'worked out' before & my head is getting dizzy from searching on the internet.

I'm looking for some place that would help out for those who have Lupus (SLE) and/or Fibromyalgia (FM.)

I know my friend Alyce suggested the Know-No Limits Wellness & Fitness Center in Andersonville and I'm going to check that out.

Any suggestions & advice would be great.
    Either that or I'm scouting out some kind of physical therapist or personal trainer. (Money for this isn't a problem right now, I have my ways. That & I'm looking for a place in the North Side of Chicago--anywhere between
    Andersonville & Lincoln Park.)

Thanks & much love,
    Angel

You can e-mail me back at ABusqu@artic.edu
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Angel, welcome to the board. Sorry I can't help with the exercise, but I would be very sure to let them know your limitations before you start so that you don't hurt yourself.

I am sure others will have some good advice for you.

Also, it is not a good idea to put your email address on this public board. We do have some bad people come through here collecting innocent peoples eaddresses for bad reasons.

HOpe you find a good place to start your exercise, and again welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

Hi, My sis lives in CHGO and has been working with physical therapists and doctors that refer her patients to help. If youre interested e-mail me and let me know... She has done this for at least 20 years and is certified in many areas. Iggy Iggy_RN@msn.com
  4. jka

jka New Member

i can't help you.but find out if they have a trainer who works with fibro and lupus patients.the gym i joined has a special program for people with limitations.the trainer starts you off very slow and increases depending upon how you feel.i have both lupus and fibro so have to be carful.i'm working out 90 min 4 times a week now.i really enjoy it.

kathy c

[ advertisement ]