Exercising while working

Discussion in 'Weight Management' started by mr_william, Jul 29, 2010.

1. mr_william

mr_william New Member

Does anybody have any tips for trying to stay active while working an office desk job?
    My job requires me to sit behind a desk all day, and feel that this does not contribute towards my attempt to stay fit and lose lbs.
    Any tips or advice??
  2. jole

jole Member

I would move my legs as much as possible, up and down on tip-toes, or side to side. Also, it's recommended to do stretches every 15 minutes when working behind a computer. That's kinda hard to do when you're in the middle of something, but just taking the time to rotate from side to side and stretch the neck/back helps.

Also during breaks get out of the room and walk the halls...get water, whatever is the farthest from your room and walk briskly. Stairs at lunch if possible, or take a lunch and walk during lunch break outdoors. If you're able to walk okay, park your car at the far end of the parking lot. Just a few suggestions.

I was up and about with my job to use the fax machine, copy machine, go to other offices, do filing, etc. so that helped me. Just sitting behind a desk all day would be hard. Good luck to you! .......Jole

[ advertisement ]