Exercize Intoleranc Dr. Bateman

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gretchen12, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

CCT

Where did you get the DVD on Dr. Bateman's lecture?

I am interested in her research, as well as Dr. Bell's research using IV Saline.

Thanks,

Gretchen
  2. phoenixrising2

phoenixrising2 New Member

3. cct

cct Member

Hi Gretchen,

Unfortunately, I do not have the DVD's that I refered to. I watched them (two of them) at our Rocky Mountain CFIDS/FMS Association support group meeting this past Saturday. Our support group president obtained them when he went to Salt Lake City to visit Dr. Bateman and her support group.

The Salt Lake group is called "OFFER" (Organization for Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Education and Research). They may have these DVD's for sale, I do not know for sure.

The research information that Dr. Bateman offered in her lecture regarding her saline trial was very brief. She only tested one woman over an extended period of time.

You may want to try contacting OFFER to see if they can provide you with any additional information.
  4. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

Thanks for the information--I will try to get in touch with them re the DVD. I do believe that orthostatic intolerance exacerbates this illness, or vice versa.

G.

5. cct

cct Member

You are welcome, Gretchen.
  6. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Gretchen and CCT could you explain to us what Dr. Bateman said about exercise intolerance? did you post another message about this topic?

hugs Redwillow
  7. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

Sorry I am late getting back to you. Dr. Bell and Dr. Bateman tried using IV Saline to counter orthostatic intolerance, which causes exercise intolerance.

Hope this helps.