exhausted again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mellow, Dec 27, 2002.

1. mellow

mellow New Member

Well I made it through Christmas but I am sure paying for it now. I knew I had to hold myself together to enjoy this day with the family plus the fact that I had to put on a family barbecue and attend a night out with friends. To most people this isn't much but somehow I got through and now I am exhausted. I have been in constant pain and so fatigued that I am sleeping for a few hours every afternoon and then sleeping at night, although I still wake up exhausted. My head is foggy and everything is an effort. I hate this illness that robs us of a normal life. I know that I am not the only one who is feeling like this and that things will get better. My husband is very good but he doesn't understand how I feel. Unless you've been there you don't know. Let's look forward to a better year in 2003. Love to all. Mellow
  2. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

Glad to hear that you got through the holidays. Now you can focus on yourself. I take regular naps in the afternoons and if I can, a quick one in the morning since I get up at 6:00AM. It really helps!

Here's to a healthier 2003! Lisa
  3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I know how you feel. I always have to figure recovery time
    into the time whatever activity will take out of my life.
    We have to do those 'normal' things once in a while though.
    Try to focus on the fun you had while you are recovering.
    For me, it makes it seem more 'worth it'. Hope you are
    feeling better soon.

dragonfly