Exhaustion. From, What???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by matieofleaves803, Aug 5, 2010.

1. matieofleaves803

matieofleaves803 New Member

I had a choice of two things I wanted to do today. Cut my hair (ex-hairdresser), or continue to try to figure out how to get my pictures onto the computer.
    However, the oxygen tubing got wrapped around the wheel of my wheelchair....and that took every inch of energy I might have had, D%*#!!!
    P.S. Anyone know how to get my pics onto my computer? And from thence onto a site? Want to come and do it for me??? I'll give you a Hershey Bar. And you'll be my new best friend.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Any relation to Anne of Cleves?

The only thing I know about manipulating pictures on computers, is the way
    my secretary did it. She kept pictures of her kids on the side of her computer.
    I believe the process involved scotch tape.

When I was a kid, color film and flash bulbs were new and high tech. Now, of
    course, they are obsolete.

It's all a matter of timing. Had Bill Gates been born a thousand years ago,
    he might have been a shepherd instead of a billionaire.

Hope you can find someone w/ expertise.

3. matieofleaves803

Bless you, my child!
    As confused and ignorant as I was (oops --- make that AM) I managed to do something with
    Picasa. I'm not real sure what..
    Something else, oh yeah ....I didn't see where I could upload my bad pics of my cat Sophie to anything other than e-mail or google. (And the pics kept disappearing... oh what fun a combination of brain fog and ignorance is.)
    I have to have an avatar (yes?) in order to communicate with people on Stumble Upon, and that's Sophie.
    On another note, when I was looking for my pics, I put in "1st pics of Sophie" and got 100's of photos of baby girls named Sophie all over the world! LOL And none of them were cats!
    I've been looking for adult social networking sites (No, not that kind!). Grown-up people, you know. No luck, so far. My one facebook contact is a 20 year old boy....
    Thanks again. If you feel like importing more words of wisdom to me, my ears are open. :)
  4. matieofleaves803

I think Bill would have invented the wheel. Or a pocket lighter.
  5. matieofleaves803

WOW! Your cat is really BIG! (Oh, wait... that's a polar bear!)
  6. skikat

skikat New Member

if you will give me your info on facebook like your name and location. i will add you as my friens. or.... just go to the search box on facebook page and put my name in it (karen wood) then add as friend on the checkbox and they will send me the request. be sure to give me your name on here so that i will recognize you . GOD BLESS
  7. matieofleaves803

Hi Karen, and thanks~
    Matie Leaves from Edgewater, CO
  8. matieofleaves803

I'm not real good at facebook, yet. I put your name in the search box, but there are so many people with your name, I didn't know what to do.
    We're not allowed to put our e-mail addresses on here. Already tried that!
    My names not real common. Maybe u can search for moi.
  9. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Bless you!

You make me smile everyday.

AND you give me a good, laugh out loud chuckle.

Thank you my friend!!

10. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I learned something new!!

I did not know that I could take old pictures in and have them put on to a DVD! Get out!

I have a printer/copier/scanner upstairs in my office. Somehow I think I can scan them onto my computer, but I do NOT have the patience to try to figure out how to do it. I do have two kids who could probably help out. Thank goodness for the next generation (well the one after me I mean) they are much more savvy than I am!

Thank you for the info!
  11. matieofleaves803

I don't have a scanner, but it's something that can be done ---where? And for how much?
  12. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

So what's your address? A big box of old photos should be arriving soon! Send me a bill.

How cool what you've done!! I would love that. If I had the time (and knowledge) that would be such a great gift and project.

We have the scanner as I mentioned. This is what I would do.... Lift top, put picture on. Stand in front of it. Wait.
    Yep that's as much as I know.
    Oh....and now I know to call for my kid. "help!"

No wonder we're all so tired - we're tired of trying to figure out stuff.
  13. matieofleaves803

Now we know what children are for.
  14. matieofleaves803

Now we know what children are for.
  15. matieofleaves803

I fianally did cut my hair. It looks awful! The worst cut I've ever done! Thank God it grows! As you know, you have to raise your big, heavy, 10 ton arms to cut your own hair --- and you have to hold on to the scissors -- you even have to think (that doesn't seem fair, somehow....)
    At least it's short enough that I won't have to do it again for awhile.