Expectations - revisited - last time

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Mar 2, 2010.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Okay everyone - I know you have read my previous post titled "expectations" and I got some really great advice and points of view.

I am only going to vent this one more time, then I will shut up. If I dont get it off my chest, with people who understand my condition, I will just obsess about it. You can reply or not, it doesnt matter either way.

Anyway, most of you know my living conditions, and that I pay my sister rent to live here...blah, blah, blah.

Most of you do know she is making a PROFIT from me living here. In fact, she proved just that this past weekend.

She went out shopping at a local LEATHER store. She got a new coat, purse and wallet - all 100% leather, costing around $300. Now granted, the coat was on sale as it was after Christmas, but, keep in mind, my monthly rent is $300. I feel betrayed and taken advantage of here. I feel if I had NO money at all, I would NOT be allowed to live here because they wouldnt be able to make anything off of me.

I feel that she allowed me to move in as a favor to her (finances) as opposed to me.

Okay - thats it. I feel better now.
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

It's all a matter of perspective --- how you look at it.

Let's say that she did NOT purchase her coat, purse, and wallet with YOUR rent money. Everyone likes to take advantage of sales, and she purchased the items with HER money.

She is allowed to go shopping for herself, and according to what type of job that she has, she may need nice things like a leather coat, so the best time to buy it would be after-Christmas and at the end-of-season sales where she can get it on a great sale price.

YOUR rent money went to help pay the monthly mortgage on her entire property (which includes the building you are living in), insurance on the building you are living in, property taxes, and she is putting money aside for maintenance when needed on your building, etc.

If you look at the situation this way, does it make you feel any better?

3. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

is what your last post stated. Your sister has asked you to move out in less than one year.

Shari i hope you can focus to move forward to applying for or finding a place to live that is affordable such as a home based on your income. May be best to search and apply for housing immediately. Wish you the best in finding your new place soon.

It really doesn't matter if you feel or know your sister has made a profit from Rent or not, she has asked you to move out in less than one year. Concentrate on finding your new home.

Wish you the Best in all you choose.