expensive new shoes, but numb toes?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Apr 10, 2006.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

After much debate with myself, I bought an expensive pair of Montrail walking shoes at REI. They fit well, feel great, and my back and legs don't hurt while I walk or afterward.

Sounds great!!

BUT... my middle two toes on my left foot go tingly when I wear them. I don't understand! They fit well, and the next half size up was obviously too big and the arch was in the wrong place.

I loosened the laces, don't know what else to try. Taking them back is an option, but will be problematic at this point, not the least because I've obviously worn them outdoors. REI is not close by for me.

And here I've finally found shoes that are constructed so I can walk without back pain, and my silly toe goes numb.

Suggestions? Maybe a technique to re-lace them? Or anything else? I'd like to keep them if at all possible.

Thanks,
    Beth.

2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

thought I'd respond as no one else has.

You probably don't want to hear this, but i went to the doc last year with a numb big toe. I had new shoes. She told me to stop wearing them.

Linda
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

do you have burning pain? really painful not just numb?

it could be a morton's nueorma...or it could be from a ba\d back,...

coudl be fibro...loosen up your laces maybe...shoes i have read for fibro should be 1/2 size larger because of our swelling feet...

jodie
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

I re-laced the shoes, with the laces open over the toe box, rather than criss-crossed, and voila! no more numb toes! Sometimes I am so clever I astound myself! *g* Had a good day today!

Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

Hugs,
    Beth.