Experience with FFC in Denver anyone??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skierchik, Jan 5, 2006.

1. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Does anyone have experience with the FFC clinic in Denver? Give me the good the bad and the ugly. If you liked it; what suggestions did they make? Was it all about the money or do they care?? Was it expensive? Was/is, it worth it?? Did you like a particular doctor there?

Does anyone like their endo out here? I've tried several over the last 8 yrs and I haven't found one who goes the extra mile. They just want to change my insulin dose and move me out. Having CFS/FM along with juv. diabetes & Hashimoto's requires exta care.

Appreciate any help!

Holly
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I lived there until 8 years ago. I sent her the URL for the FFC website. Her FMS is getting worse and I'm hoping she will visit the FFC. She and hubby may be moving to Galveston, where they own a second home, and if so, she may end up at the one in TX.

In any case, I hope someone here has some feedback for both of us.

Are y'all having the usual rounds of sinusitis, strep throat, bronchitis, and pneumonia which is usually rampant this time of year in the Denver area? I had asthma when I lived there and do not have it here in FL. Guess my system loves the humidity here. CO is a beautiful place and Denver is a beautiful city.

My dream is to someday be able to ski again. Maybe when my new grandson is old enough to ski. Good luck if you decide to go to the Denver FFC.

Love, Mikie
  3. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Yep, lots of influenza going around, and I've got it..but I already feel better. I finally figured out how to reduce the number of weeks I would be ill with it...to a few little days...it's a miracle considering my immune system. Hopefully, you'll be skiing next year. If I can help you in any way...let me know. I was bedridden two years ago to the point I wanted to die, but now am skiing again. I hate to say though that no doctor out here has helped me. I've had to research and experiment on myself. I would like to find a good one out here to further improve...I still need it.

skierchik
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That you have gotten so much better. I also had to do my own research and have improved greatly. I still have fatigue flares, though, and wonder if there's something my docs and I have missed.

Please, do tell what you did to shorten the effects from the flu. As the flu spreads, we will all benefit from your wisdom.

Love, Mikie
  5. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Look up Cindycor by author and read her posts. She goes to Denver and I believe she is very happy and getting better. Lynn
  6. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I bumped mine up so you could read the replies. There was someone whom had been there.

I ordered their info pack - they were very nice on the phone but the pack never came. I have been too busy, tired, what ever to follow-up on it.

Kelly
  7. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Thanks for all your help guys. After reading many the messages on this board, I don't think it will be worth the money (which) I don't have. I'm hearing about iv's that people have done and I don't agree with them. I will post my experience because they are expensive and I feel a waste of money.

They don't take insurance and I feel for those of you who are worse than me; because the reality is.... you don't have the energy to fight with your insurance company. I've been ripped off before with BCBS. They are much bigger than me and knew I couldn't fight them and had decided not to reimburse a bill of several hundred dollars that was owned to me. I quit fighting. The iv's that a doctor here in Boulder did on me cost me $1,000 out of pocket and it did nothing to increase my low magnesium levels. I will post some good information about this.

Thanks again to everyone and keep fighting!!!

skierchik