Experience with Neuro Psyciatrist?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunnysideliving, May 16, 2003.

1. sunnysideliving

sunnysideliving New Member

I am not hypochondriac! At least, I think so. :)

My neurologist sent me to a neuro-psy . I visited her and she made a 3 hours test. In general, she feels that everything is OK with me. However, there were some <b>strange sign of memory loss </b>, so she will think this over before writing the valuation. :O

I was wondering if anyone has experience with this "species" (meaning neuro-psy). Can they really find out our DD or at least say that it is not imaginary?

Looking forward to getting some confirmation. Either I am fool or not so much. :)

Cheers,
    Sunny
  2. sunnysideliving

Thanks Nink for your answer!

As you guessed my main reason, for accepting to visit a neuro-psyc, was to show that I am not a nuts. :) (Although I have two of them. :O)

I really looking forward to read the valuation of this psyc and show it to my neurologist.

However, it might have not too much impact, since I will leave the doctor if I am said to be nuts.

Thanks for the idea about a previous post. I will do a search here. However, I am also interested how can he say about a patient after a test if he/she has this DD. I guess there are patterns for different diseases. (for example short time memory problem) Alhough, CFS is not one disease. It is promising anyway, since one of the biggest problem to get dx-ed.

Recognizing problem in my brain does not upset me, since I feel it every day. :(

Cheers,
    Sunny
  3. athome

athome New Member

Yes, I had seen a neuropsych afer auto accident left me w/ brain problems in addition to CFS?FM/fractured sternum---HAD NO PERIPHERAL VISION, SERIOUS VISION DETERIORATION, BALANCE PROBLEMS, ETC. HE WAS VERY VERY HELPFUL AT SHOWING E HOW TO PROTECT SELF AGAINST VERY RUDE AND INVASIVE NURSE ASSIGNED BY THE "GOOD HANDS" (NOT!!!) OF ALLSTATE.

HOWEVER, HE ALSO WANTED TO SAY MY MAIN PROBLEM WAS FROM "SOMATOFORM DISORDER" WHICH WAS THEN THE LATEST "IN" DIAGNOSIS FROM DSMIV OR V, WHICHEVER.

THEN HE JUST COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED OFF THE RADAR. ???

SO I'D SAY, RETAIN YOUR OWN COMMON SENSE ABOUT WHATEVER IS SAID. GOOD LUCK.
  4. sunnysideliving

Hoping for some more answer of experienced with a neur-psy! :)
    Sunny