Experienced Healing of Osteo-Arthritis, Bursitus, Tendonitus With

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by windblade, Feb 16, 2006.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

I took Glucosamine Chondroiton with MSM, which rebuilds cartilage, and also took Sam-E which is also used for arthritis.

I had the OA in both knees, bursitus in one knee, and tendonitus in the plantar region of the other leg.

I couldn't put weight on either leg, due to the pain, which was about an 8 level. I was using a walking stick, and couldn't take pain-killers, because I already take such a high dose of other meds.

My Dr. diagnosed this, then sent me to physical therapy, which did not help me.

I kept continuing with the supplements anyhow - and after 10 months realized the pain was reducing, then GONE.

I have heard that there is no cure for OA - not true!

I hope this can be a help to someone in reducing their pain. and hopefully rebuilding cartilage.

P.S. Please check with your Dr.'s before taking SAM-E if you are taking an anti-depressant.

Also, I always double-check any info. for possible drug reactions, or any other problems before I take anything.[This Message was Edited on 02/17/2006]
  2. mariee

mariee Member

I have been considering these supplements.
    So I am happy that you shared this!
    How much G-C-MSM do you take?
    And did you start the Sam-E at the same time?
    How much Sam-E
    Thanks!
    Mariee
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

I took 1,500 mg. of glucosamine sulfate

chondroiton sulfate 1,200 mg.

and MSM 500 mg. Those three were all in one supplement.
    The recc. dose was 3 times daily with a meal.

The Sam-e I did start taking at about the same time. I took 2 tablets of 200 mg. every day.

In about 10 months, something that I thought would be lifelong, and degenerative was healed!

My husband also had a finger which he couldn't bend, and he took the same supplements, only has slight stiffness now.

I always check whenever I take new new supplements or herbs how they will interact with everything else.

I hope it can be something that will help you.
    Blessings, Judy

4. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

your results.

My rheum just started me on glucosomine about 2 months ago.

He said his partner swears by it.

There is one difference though as he marked out the chondroiton.

I purchased a bottle with just glucosomine 1500mg and msn 500. There are 120 gelcaps in a bottle for around $13. It also comes in a liquid in a small can but it is a little bit expensive compared to the gelcaps.

I haven't heard anything negative about it in my searchs.
    He did say it sometimes took months to see any difference.

I've dealt with this pain for years, what is a few more months if it works.

Wren
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

Georgia, I so much hope this helps your neighbor! Tell her that it takes a while to work, but what a relief!
    Even my physical therapist spoke about Glucosamine chondroiton - and he couldn't 'officially' recc. it.

WREN, maybe you could also ask your Dr. about Sam-e. Two months is still a short time. My healing seemed almost to happen at once - about 10 months started noticing the pain was lessening - then gone!

Hoping the same for you. It must take time to rebuild cartilage.

Wishing you all the best!
  6. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

I was allergic to Sam E, but noticed a change in my emotional state.. My DH really did notice it, and advised me to buy some more.. I had noticed I had been itching and seemed to have a fine rash. I am on 7 mg. of Pred., so it prob. helped. I am allergic to sulfa, and I didn't know that it was in there.

I have taken the Glucosamine but had to get the one w/o MSG, for the same reason. I could not tell any diff., than w/o it.... I have heard a lot of people say it helps with the pain...

I would't think I was cured, if I was you, just in remission, and I hope you stay there forever. But, I am just an old lady, that has been disapointed, too many times.. to believe in cures.....
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

I have decided to keep taking the glucosamine, etc. and the Sam-e, just for that very reason, on a permanent basis.

Yes , it's very frustrating and hard to be dissapointed, but, for myself, I feel better if I keep trying things.

I still have a long list of herbs, supplements, different kinds of healing stuff to try. I know that if I don't do that, I could go backwards!

Many blessings to you,
    Judy

p.s. I didn't feel any difference in the pain at all until the tenth month.[This Message was Edited on 02/16/2006]
  8. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

I guess I never took it for 10 straight mths., I had a hard time swallowing, the huge thing.. So, that is prob. the main reason.. My DS was looking at my fingers and how twisted they are getting. She asked me if I was taking it, then acted like it was all my fault, for my fingers getting that bad.

I don't like to be blamed ,for my health problems, and I know that I havan't really taken good care of my self.. I was too busy trying to take care of my 5 kids, and working out of home. Then still having all of the work at home..

Geeezzz , I am getting on a pity party, but I think I did the best I could. But, my youngest is 32, so I guess that excuse ,is kind of lame................

I have tried a lot of supplements, and am usually taking some.... But, I need to get back to the Glucosamine, and stay with it. Even if I do gag ,and choke, it's a little thing, compared to losing the use of ,my joints.

I am really glad. that you are doing so well, and found what works for you...............................
  9. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi again,

I just looked at the size of my pills - yeah they are on the large size. What about using a pill cutter, and taking it in 2 portions.

Or would it be possible to crush it, and mix it with food.

I don't know how that would work - I don't think it would make it less affective? Maybe somebody here would know.

Also, I heard later here on line that MSM is an anti-inflammatory. (Please doublecheck that - it was a while ago) But I was thinking you could ask Stormyskye, or Lollieboo or Mikie for advice on another kind of anti-inflammatory.

Please don't give up on fighting for your health!!!!

Many blessings,
    Judy
  10. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I'm really glad that the supplements are working for you :)

A word of caution--it can be dangerous to take SAM-E if you are on any anti-depressants.

It's always wise to check to see if any supplements will interfere with any meds or each other.

I'm going to try some of the glucosomine/chondrotin
    I can't take any anti-inflammatory meds because they make my stomach hurt.

11. windblade

windblade Active Member

Yes, your word of caution is true - and I did check with my Dr. to make sure it was okay for me to take with my AD.

I'm glad you brought that up - I'll go back and include it in the original post.

I hope you have good results with the gluc. chondroit.

It is such a relief to be out of this pain. I really had no idea if it would help or not, but was stubborn and kept taking them.

Blessings to you,
    Judy

[ advertisement ]