Experiencing strange symptom.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Scoobsmom, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

Wondering if anyone has ever experienced a type of "indigestion" feeling in their upper back/neck/shoulder area. I know this sounds weird,but I have noticed a burning in my upper back area for the last few days.....any suggestions?
  2. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

in my back and my gut. I have traced it to candida and eating sugar and what flour. Just a suggestion, play detective and watch how you feel after you eat. I never would of thought that food could do that to you. Good luck!
    Love, Deb
  3. ArkyFarmGirl

ArkyFarmGirl New Member

You described the feeling that I had a few months back perfectly! It felt a little like indigestion but also like someone was stepping on my chest and upper back. I also had a strange cramp-like sensation in the base of my throat just between my neck and collar bone. It was very uncomfortable and I knew that it wasn't indigestion because it didn't feel exactly right and it was not related to food intake but rather intensified as the day wore on. Like a lot of the wierd symptoms I get, this lasted for a couple of months then gradually diminished and disappeared. I hope it is gone for good as it was very distracting. I really can't say that I found anything worked but at least you know that you aren't alone!
  4. AnnG

AnnG New Member

a good cardio work-up? I think as women we all deserve to have that done to give us peace of mind.
  5. pamela

pamela New Member

experienced this and when I did it was because I was eating the flour, sugar stuff. I had to find out on my own (only thanks to this site) but I have reactions just like you described when I eat things with dextrose, lactose, glucose and sucrose. Anything that ends with "ose" will send me off. Those burning reactions are so very bad!! You just want to die. And if I take my pain meds they only cut out the burning jsut a bit and then after 2 hours its back. It seems it has to circulate out of your body in order to go away. Took me 4-5 days to completely get over it. Check your food labels and if you have been eating things that end with "ose" cut them out and see what happens. If it goes away, then there is your culprit. Also stay away from bread and potatoes and peas and carrots. Carbs and starches have the same effect. Also fruit. These have the sugar in them and somehow our bodies convert it and can't process it correctly. At least mine anyway. Bummer!!! Hope this helps...Pammy
  6. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

well, I do not believe it is food related. I have been on a diet that has excluded all sugar and white flour etc. since December 29th, 2002. It has helped me lose 13 lbs and I do not eat anything that has these ingredients in. I did have a cortisone shot in my shoulder on my last visit to my rheumy, I had forgotten about that until last evening, and realized that the symptoms began after that, but have intensified within the last few days. I am rescheduling my next appt. to get in to see her sooner. Thanks to all. Yes, I did have a full cardio workup a few months back, so I think this could be the shot that has caused it. Have a pain eased day all...