Experts find viral link to ME

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0909, Sep 12, 2010.

1. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I came across an article the Daily Mail newspaper in UK last week.

It was dated 7th sept. and says that Professor Jill Belch from NINEWELLS HOSPITAL in Dundee,Scotland UK led the study and found blood changes suggesting chronic inflammation.

Children with ME were found to have a blood abnormality suggesting they had been fighting infection.The condition was studied at the University of Dundee where they foundmore free radicals-molecules that can damage cells,tissues and organs.Also a large number of white blood cells at the end of their life cycle suggesting a virus or infection.

She says some people suggest ME is a disease of the mind and they are showing that it is disease of the body.

Also on BBC ON 6TH article stating the same.
    It is the first time I have ever seen anything in UK news to say ME is real!!

2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I can not be told whether I have it until after November this year.

All retro viruses are lipid encapsulated (oil or fatty coated). This makes them hard to attack with many drugs. A viralologist can only give me logic, no data yet, that coconut oil derivatives like Lauricidin and BHT (a powerful antioxidant) will attack the coating.

The oxidative stress is the main threat in damage to the cells. has the BHT. It has a 30 year safety record and is in many foods as a preservative. It keeps oils from becoming racid.

I do have a herheimer reaction, so it must be working. It can take 6 months to rebuild the cells and feel the full effects. My brain fog and fatigue are much worse, but no allergic symptoms. Liver and kidneys OK.
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Are you taking both coconut oil and BHT, or just one of them? and what dose?

I have read about coconut oil being effective against lipid-coated viruses. I used it (taking 1 to 2 tablespoons a day) for a yeast infection and it was very effective for that - I herxed a lot on it, but it did the job.

Anyways, I'm very curious to see what you're taking and how much. Also, where is this study being done?

4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Tuts University in coop w/ UI Chicago

Lauricidin is a pellet product of lauric acid. Lauric acid is derived from coconut oil. It slowly dissolves in the GI tract. I take 3 scoops a day. I started with a few pellets a day. You would have to drink a quart of coconut oil a day or more.

BHT - 200mg but working up to 1000mg.

I'm taking both. Fatigue and brain fog is worse, but after 3 weeks, I do feel a bit better. It made me a vegetable for awhile. Watch for kidney pain, back down, take it easy, drink lots of water and fiber, herbals to cleanse the liver. N Acetyl Cisteine 2 Grams is also a great liver cleanser.
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Thanks for the info - keep us posted how you do.