Extemely painful sharp pain that shoots up thru the bottom of your feet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ChyC, Feb 18, 2009.

1. ChyC

ChyC New Member

I've had this for months now and find it hard to walk on them most of the time. Bought new walking runners and only helps briefly. Can't go out like I once ude to for my walks and finding this frustrating. Wondering if anyone else has had this and if they got over it? Just looking for answers and thought of you here at this community, whom I trust so much with your info.

2. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

I had a condiiton called "plantars fasciatis" which made the first dozen or so steps extremely painful. Mornings were worst with getting out of bed to walk to the bathroom, but it was also a problem even if I'd been sitting for a while. There are some exercises you can find online to stretch out that ligament, if you think that's what you may have. It took me a couple of years to get fully over it.

On the other hand, if this is something that doesn't go away within a dozen or so steps, then it may just be related to the DD. I have FM and Lyme disease and have, on occassion, had those sharp stabbing pains come in my feet, although for me they are more likely to be around my knees. For those, all I can do is use a heating pad and a muscle relaxer and hope they stop soon. It might be worth a try to see if either of these would help you...

Best wishes,