Extra income with SSI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lin21, Dec 26, 2006.

  1. lin21

    lin21 New Member

    I know you can make like $7,000 a year or something. Is there anyone out there that finds the time to do anything extra. I need to start make something extra so I could stash some cash from the hubby.
  2. suzetal

    suzetal New Member

    Pain is...If I could work I would.My doctors even told me they do not think I would be able to .I have lots of r issues .

    I no longer can drive clean nor cook.I just hate it.

    You can work I believe your allowed to make 800.00 a month.You do need to report it to SS if you do return to work part time.

    Good luck
  3. California31

    California31 New Member

    SSI....is different than SSDA....suggest you check with Social Security so you don't have any surprises.
  4. mrdad

    mrdad New Member

    Hello Lin,
    I know that if one is on SSI the rules are different
    than one on SSDI. From what I know, the extra income
    allowed is very minimal under the SSI rule. I would
    contact them or go buy the SSA office near you and pick-
    up a booklet on the suject.

    I believe the NOLO legal series of paper bounds also
    addresses tha question in their book on pursuing SS
    disability claims. There may be one in your library.
    See: www.nolo.com

    Best Wishes,
    [This Message was Edited on 12/27/2006]
  5. Kryssie

    Kryssie New Member

    I do something from home for west corporation. Its extra income, various hours (you choose-so this would help you not go over your limit) sitting at the computer answering calls. Good luck.

[ advertisement ]