Extra sensitive skin from FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pickleworks1, Feb 12, 2006.

1. pickleworks1

pickleworks1 New Member

I have FM since 1986 . Yes, I also have pain in my joints:legs, hip,neck lower back,severe sleep apnea, so I have a C-Pap machine.I wonder if anyone else has super sentive skin at times.I wonder if this is in my head!!!
    I mean so sensitive I am afraid to touch anything dry![This Message was Edited on 02/12/2006]
  2. maps

maps New Member

I have FM for many years and yes I find my skin very sensitive. Even the thought of the shower hitting my skin makes me shiver.

It's funny though because I can go and have a massage and love it.

Take care
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

and some people get it so bad in their skin. I have a girlfriend who used to be a nurse (yes, another one) and she's so sensitive that she can't take wind or even a mild breeze by an open window, says' it feels like knives.

I used to be so bad that fabrics killed me. Couldn't wear underwear and that included bras, for years. The boys loved seeing me coming, let me tell you. Everything had to be loose and shapeless as possible. Lived in my pajamas at home. When having a bad episode I couldn't take any clothes, would have to get in bed naked and could barely take a sheet over my body.

Thank goodness I'm not this bad anymore.

Jeanne
  4. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I have a bad time with skin being sore most of the time.
    Anything that touches me makes me wimp out!

Clothes esp. really can hurt...labels,waistbands,hems.some fabrics.Yuk!
    The quilt on my bed is also painful when it is on my feet.I could do with one of those things they use in hospitals to keep quilt of my feet lol.

Have no idea what we can do for this as most people do not understand how sore it can be just to be touched.

Wrap Me Up In Cotton Wool Please!!

Rena
  5. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

Since going off hRT and Elavil I seem to be allergic to everything. My life is a misery and I have had continuing hives and itching for the past year not to mind the sweats. I am also allergic to all antihistimanes because of the additives especially Lactose.

I cant go back on hRT because it makes my Candida worse and I am now on 10m of Doxipin which has got rid of my hives but now I seem to have constant dirrehea and insomnia and bad sinus.

I am at my wits end here. I tried all natural remedies but Valerian killed my stomach as I am alleric to asprin and herbs also seem to not agree with me.

Were you on Doxepin sometime ago.

Hope you are keeping well.

Regards Mary
  6. sofy

sofy New Member

fixed it. All my many thyroid tests came back just fine but I was wearing a coat in July, shivering and could hardley wear any of my clothes cuz they all felt like sandpaper on my skin. I also had very low body temp.

I couldnt wear PJ with elastic cuz it was too painful. Had to wear loose nightgown of pure silk. Absolutely no synthethics. All synthetics felt like they were rubbing my skin off. I had a big baggy silk dress that I wore with no undergarments. I seldom went out.

I finally found a doc who looked at me and my symptoms and not the lab tests. I now take thyroxin and can wear most of my old clothes again except something really scratchy like wool.

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, I did try the Doxepin but it seemed to fight with the Klonopin so I stopped taking it. I only tried it because Cheney recommends it. Not for me!

I am so very sorry to see that you are not doing well. Please take care of yourself.

Love, Mikie