Extra Soft PJ's

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BeansMom, Nov 1, 2008.

1. BeansMom

BeansMom New Member

I usually wear pj's all weekend and get into them as soon as I get home from work.
    I have found my skin has become very sensitive to fabrics and I really would like to invest in a few good pairs of very soft pajamas.
    I have a pima cotton nightshirt from Land's End, but I like wearing tops and bottoms.

Anyone have any luck with finding some extra soft comfortable loungewear/pajamas?
    I am a size XXL....16
  2. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

I always have to test my clothes and PJs before I buy them lol!
    It has to be fluffy and fleecy and warm (esp here in England).

Every year at xmas I always buy my daughter/grand/daughter/nieces etc loads of fluffy stuff from socks to scarves and gloves and hats because I suffer so bad from cold in bad weather I think everyone is like me lol.
    They always love them.I have to have comfort in my clothes so I pick the fabric before anything.
    Stay fluffy lol.

3. upnightowl

upnightowl New Member

Hi BeansMom:

All I can say is KAREN NEUBERG (sp)! I found these back in 1998 on an Oprah Christmas Show. I have over the years built up my wardrobe of these, they are great! So soft and cuddly. They are a little on the high side, but watch for sales and ask for them as presents. They last for years and are like new. She also has the soft soft socks too. They make a bad day bearable.

Hope they work for you.

4. upnightowl

upnightowl New Member

Thanks, Nink

I didn't want to walk back to the dresser to check it out. Bad day and just didn't have the energy.

5. MDS114

MDS114 New Member

BeansMom...I know just what you are saying...I don't have any suggestions but... have you seen the commercial for ...I think it's Quilted Northern bath tissue? The woman has a robe that looks soooooo soft & cushy & comfy & then she slips her feet into a pair of slippers....that look so thick & comfy! I'm thinking of contacting the tp company & telling them we all want robes & slippers like that!!! lol Well, good luck & please let us know if you find anything that fits the bill. Be good to you:)
  6. akandmk

akandmk New Member

wear my extra soft pj's. I am a stay at home mom and go to school online so it seems that i am in my pj's almost all the time. I feel bad sometimes because it seems that is almost all i wear except when we go out so i'll force myself into some jeans. So i understand the love of good soft jammies because it seems that is all that doesn't hurt my skin.
  7. tig519

tig519 Member

Flannel bottoms and very soft short sleeve T. I originally bought them at Costco.
  8. mezombie

mezombie Member

Hi BeansMom,

For winter, have you tried fleece pajamas? They are very, very soft and comfy.

I also like flannel in winter.

9. BeansMom

BeansMom New Member

I actually heard about Karen Neuberger (sp?) before and saw a robe of hers in a flyer today, now I can't remember where it was!! I'll have to go through the paper again.

I've been on a quest the past week trying to find some new loungewear, all from my couch, of course (online shopping and catalogs!)....my hubby doesn't seem to understand how important this is! I can't bear the feeling of non-soft pj's anymore!
    I do have a fleece robe and I like it, but my body temp runs warm - so I don't wear it much. I always feel like I'm burning up or too cold - trying to find a happy medium.
  10. tut90

tut90 Member

I love these pj's, TJ Maxx and Marshalls stores usually have them for about $20.00. I have also seen them at Tuesday Morning store.

11. BeansMom

BeansMom New Member

Thanks for the tip for TJ Maxx and Marshall's - I had not thought of checking there. I also found a site when I googled her name - it is 6pm.com and it has her stuff about 50% off, but it's a limited selection.

Thanks for everyone's imput. Glad I'm not alone with this (FM) anymore. Sometimes I feel so alone with this and I'm only 28. I don't want to be a burden to anyone, esp not my husband. I try not to complain or talk about it too much b/c I don't want him to think I'm a complainer or a nag. It's good to "talk" to people who understand that just a "rough" feeling pajama can make your skin hurt!
  12. harboreen

harboreen Member

Hi BeansMom

clothing-yea- it's uncomfortable.
    I don't like having to get dressed anymore. Gimme cotton please!
    As soft as possible!
    (back in the days BF) before Fibro- you would never find me not dressed or made up during the day, but those days are becoming a distant memory, almost every bit as much as the "old me".
    Same as you I've become very sensitive to the feeling of clothing.
    I don't get how anyone can stand to wear tight clothes. AH! ewee.. get them off me! lol
    I just had a mental image that you may think I wear very lose clothing hanging off me, not quite. lol And much like you..as soon as I return home I practically rip the clothing off as I walk in my door. It drives me crazy! Especially the bra! It's torture!
    Who wants to wear a slingshot all day! eY yiy yiy!
    GUYS- consider yourselves lucky!!
    So YES- I do have a tough time finding "affordable" comfy lounging around the house type clothing. I don't wear PJ's, I wear those outfits or half of one set & half another.
    I'm due for some new things but when you can't get out so often it's quite frustrating to not find what you're looking for while out. Ordering online is a no no for this type clothing- I need to feel it...
    you get this, I'm sure ; )
    good luck hunting for cotton comfies!