Extreme chococlate cravings during pms, need input

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Hey y'all. I have heard of pms products. I'm just wondering if there is anythign out there to help with chocolate/sugar cravings for this. I feel out of control and I know there must be something to help. Thsi is never an issue except during that one week so I know that's waht it is.

Thanks ladies, I will anticipate your input!
  2. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

As long as you're not buying hollow point bullets along with your chocolate you should be ok!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  3. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I'm with everyone else and just indulge myself. Try looking at the different calorie counts on your chocolate choices if you are counting calories and chose the ones that are lower. Or try indulging in something small but rich, sometimes that will help by making you feel sick of chocolate fast LOL
    I get out of control too when I am PMSing but for some reason, but my body is craving it so I have to give in. Trying to ignore it or go for another food to trick your body into forgetting the craving doesn't work for me AT ALL.
    For lo-cal choices try Jello low-fat Choc pudding, a couple of choco-chip cookies, 3 musketeers (has less fat), or a hostess cup cake. I also keep M&Ms around because they are small and a couple here and there can help curb the choco craving w/o giving into a whole candy bar. Wow I'm getting hungry just talking about it!
    Sincerely
    JL
  4. kbak

kbak Member

Hi kimelia,
    One of the reasons people have chocolate cravings is because they need magnesium. Chocolate has magnesium. Next time you start having a chocolate cravings, take about 750mg of mag. Actually everyone needs a good amount mag everyday.

But hey, nothing wrong with hitting the chocolate once in a while!

K.
  5. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Thanks ladies, but my cravings are uncontrollable and it's only during this time of the month. I gained 7 pounds this time. thank god I'm near my ideal weight or I might have a problem. My hormones are obviously going crazy. I have to find something.
  6. doxielover70

doxielover70 New Member

LOL! Since I starting taking Elavil I am having sweet cravings all the time. I have no idea how to stop. Other than not brining it into the house. I don't know about you but I get b****y if I don't have sweets around. So I guess I didn't help at all. Sorry.
  7. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

oh, magnesium eh? Hmm. Ive been drinking ionic fizz and the cravings seem to have calmed down since I started that....Interesting. Thanks!

Argh, chocolate is just too good :D hehe

By the way, I definately induldge. I allow myself dark chocolate covered blue berries almost everyday. Just not many. So don't go feeling sorry for me or anything silly like that :eek: hehe

I just did a search on chocolate and others have mentioned the magnesium thing. I wonder what kind is best to use? Maybe I should use ionic fizz regularly for this purpose. It's really tasty too, and has lots of vitamins :) I should try to find a cheaper way of taking it. I'll look today.

THANKS! :D[This Message was Edited on 07/06/2006]

[ advertisement ]