Extreme Home Makeover,,,,Any Watchers??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Sep 10, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Last night they had one for a Sept 11,,,Former Marine and His family,,,He saved some police men from the wreckage that day,,,,,,,,,It was so cool to watch this one Because of the memories of 9/11,,,,,,,,lots of Hero's out there!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/10/2007]
  2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

But last season, they were here in KC MO redoing a house.

While I know there are greatly deserving people in this world, the question that was circulating around town was...

If they can't pay the mortgage, taxes, utilities and upkeep on a small house, how are they going to manage on such a larger house with higher taxes, utilities and upkeep?

I know not all families are in financial trouble who get new homes. And for those, my heart goes out to them!

3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I have watched the show a few times though. This one sounds like it was a good one.

I know the houses are paid for, but it can be an issue for the families to have enough $$ to pay the taxes, utilities and so forth. I think there was an article in the paper about that. Taxes would be pretty high on those big houses! Utilities would be too!

4. sisland

sisland New Member

Good point! about the Taxes and utility bills! i guess i never thought of that,,,,I Know they have done some homes that they incorperate a home buisness office there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,anyway i always cry with all the families!
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

About a year ago, I think. They had set up a special fund for the new homeowners' to pay their utilities, and people could donate if they wanted to. Some of the houses they make over are really beautiful....sometimes they are a little too "theme-oriented" for me, but after you move in (and after the filming) I guess you could change a few things........
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Was that the one with the little middleaged Blonde gal who had adopted all the Kids? that was so cool when they got to meet the Football players and got to play with them!

She was Home schooling the younger ones and had opened her home to a Father and Daughter who were homeless! That was one of the more memoriable ones,,,,,,
  7. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

To me that was one of their best shows. I almost cried when the Marines made the Honor Guard over the side walk to the house. And that flag that they made and the man in the hospital. It tugged at my heart being a former military person myself. I don't usually watch the show anymore but for some reason I did that night. The house was just amazing and I'm so glad I watch it and so proud of the Marines and all the other military members who have put thier lives at risk. Thank god for heros.........SueF