Extreme Home makeover last Sunday?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fibrobutterfly, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Did anyone watch it Sunday, it was so sad. I cried alot of the show. I am glad they picked that family.
  2. cats3

cats3 New Member

Yes I watched the show and it was sad but glad they got the house they wanted.

This week extreme makeover is in the Kansas City,Missouri area doing a makeover show for later on. Don't know when it will be on.

Today is the demolition.

It's about a family of 9 living in a small house.

The old house is around 900 sq feet and the new house will be around 5,000 sq feet.

More likely will have several stories since the lot is small.

ABC local news channel gives updates on the news at 5,6,and 10pm.

Can't wait for the show to be on the air.

Correction:: It's a family of 12 -- 3 adults and 9 kids
    [This Message was Edited on 03/13/2007]
  3. a family of 12 in a small house. They need a makeover for sure!

I usually don't like the show because of the yelling they do , it drives me crazy. But love the show, they do so much good. I often wonder if the people can afford the taxes, etc, once they build a big house.
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Oh my, I cried through the entire show!!! I'm so glad my hubby was already in bed asleep and I was watching it alone! He always makes fun of me when I cry over a TV show!!! LOL

I couldn't help it, though! It was just so sad.

I think most homes end up like this ladies' did -- the builder or the community, or somebody ends up paying off the mortgage for the family -- they just have to be able to afford the yearly taxes, insurance, higher utilities, etc.

I like to see really deserving families on this show. I normally TiVo it, so if I don't get a chance to see it, I can later just watch the opening to see about the family, then skip to the end and see the new finished house!

5. me too jlh, I cried so much. It was really sad when the gal that got the son's donated heart met the lady. OMG! What a miracle for her, but to lose a young son would be such a heartbreak. I am happy they got the house.