Extreme Nausea before bowel movement, flat stool, worms etc?? (I know, TMI!)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by happycfs, Mar 1, 2014.

1. happycfs

happycfs Member

Hi Friends,

I have been getting really bad sick symptoms before going to the bathroom. I have noticed some odd things. (I know this is anonymous, but it is still a little embarrassing to post. But I thought that this might help others who experience it too. sooo...)

Alright. Here's the deal. I am housebound with ME/CFS and fibromyslgia. Over the past year or so, I have gained a ton of weight and my bowel movements (stool/poop) experiences have been getting worse. I get really nauseous, sweaty, hot, heightened pain and light headed about 10 - 20 minutes before a bowel movement. Then, I finally go to the bathroom, and my stool is often very flattened out. Also, I have noticed odd string-like elements (This is SO DISGUSTING!! SORRYYY!!) which made me think that I might have a parasite or worm sort of thing. But last year, I was tested for parasitic worms etc., and nothing showed up.

After all the bathroom schtuff is said and done, I feel back to normal. ... Any thought on this one? Irritable bowel syndrome? Candida/yeast? Normal? Abnormal? Can you relate? ...Anything would be helpful. And again, SO sorry about the description. ;-)
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Happycfs - You probably should go in and have a colonoscopy done. The fact that your stools/poop are very flattened out sounds like you could have a polyp or some type of obstruction that needs to be removed. Poop shouldn't be flat; it should be more rounded. I have had a few family members who have had polyps and they all had symptoms before that told them that something wasn't right.
  3. happycfs

happycfs Member

Hi guys!

Thank you for your suggestions!! I had a colonoscopy years back and it was horrible. Now being so weak and ill, it is such a terrible thought. But of course, I will go through it if I must.

I actually eat very diligently. I have very little appetite, but I eat mostly organic, lots of fiber, vegetables, and gluten free as well as low carb. I do 'go' everyday, once or twice, sometimes three or four times. ..Hmm.. I don't feel sick every single time before I 'go', but it happens very often.

Thank you again for your help. It means a lot!!
  4. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I have a friend with IBS in the form of frequent "gos" and I just talked to her about how she was doing and she was in total remission of her problem for about a year she said, she tried almost everything and then heard about 2 drops of peppermint oil in 1/2 glass of water every morning and she did this for a long time and it did the trick for her....so I can recommend that for you....she bought the peppermint oil in the baking section and used her dropper to measure the drops into the water.....give it a try and stick with it, she says.

Personally, I take quite a few stomach supports including DGL which is called the "stomach lining tamer"....I'm counting on the DGL to protect my stomach from advil I take.....you can do a search here and you'll find other comments on DGL. Maybe peppermint drops too.....jam
  5. tig519

tig519 Member

I would look into IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) - which can cause the symptoms you described. Another is Gluten intolerance (which can be at different levels). Gluten intolerance also causes major bloating right after consuming gluten products.