Extremely cold hands and feet...help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by StephieBee, Mar 18, 2007.

1. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

My feet and hands are CONSTANTLY freezing. Sometimes there even seems to be a temperature difference right at my ankles and wrists like theres a line drawn. The difference is very noticable sometimes. But not visably noticable...there is no discoloration.

Nothing helps...mittens, thick socks...nothing. No matter how high I turn the heat up my feet and hands stay cold.

This has been occuring continually for about a month now. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be??

Thanks,
    Steph
    [This Message was Edited on 03/18/2007]
  2. ask2266

ask2266 Member

I know that your extremities get really cold with this, and it is common with people with autoimmune problems. however, I think that the hand and feet usually change colors in Raynauds.
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Take your morning body temp. It should be above 97°F. If you google Basal Body Temp you'll find a wealth of resource hints.

Circulation problems are common for us CFS/FM ppl. Hypercoagulation due to fibrin blockages can be cleared up using Systemic Enzymes. Google: William Wong N.D.

Squeeze your big toes and let them go. The toe nail should turn white and flush back to pink in ~1 second. Longer times indicate circulation or hypercoagulation.

A low thyroid (hypothyroidism) can cause the entire body to be cold. The body conserves heat by purposely lowering circulation to the extremities (hands & feet).

Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum says that the Hypothamulus is the true thermostat of the body. Various viruses can attack it and cause the body to get cold. Hypothalumus -> TRH -> pituitary gland -> TSH -> Thyroid -> T4 + T3.

Cadmium toxicity can interfere with the T4-> T3 conversion. So get a Hair analysis to check for that.
  4. dharmasleep

dharmasleep New Member

I know what you feel like. It is horrible.
    Causes could be many, whatever it may be, taking cayenne is a good thing to do. It gets the blood flowing and has been used for ages for its ability to "warm" the body. Look into it. It probably will not cure the problem, but i bet it will help.
  5. STEFFI43

STEFFI43 New Member

My hands and feet are always cold, too, even in the summertime.

6. Suzie-Q

Suzie-Q New Member

I have cold hands and feet all the time. No one wants me to touch them - I can be sweating and my hands and feet will be like ice. Touching someting cold will send me into sensory overload and sometimes it takes me some time to get the feeling back. I use to use a space heater on my hands when I was still able to work in order to be able to feel the keys to type.
  7. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Since I've started attacking my Epstein-Barr & Cytomegalo virus and chelating out Lead, Arsenic, Cadmium & Antimony.

My body temp was 95.5° ~ 97° at best. After 8 months, I've checked it again and now its 98.2 ~ 98.4°F.

I've slowly felt warmer such that I haven't noticed it, until you posted this comment.
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

My hands and feet are always freezing like ice.

Kriket
  9. nightngale

nightngale New Member

Just started this summer when I went into a real cold grocery store I came out and my hands were tingling. Then this winter cold snap I was out shoveling and my fingers felt frozen and toes too. I mentioned it to Neuro # 4 (hes been dismissed) and he said it was Raynauds. Didn't bother to put it in my notes cause I saw them later. He did say was somehow connectied to fibro. Reason I only went once was cause he said fibro patients should only be treated with very little pain meds. HAH!!!!!I bet he waould be on a morphine drip if he had it! I was not even there for fibro or to discuss pain meds. I never went back. Try to get a doc to check for Raynauds and do appropriate testing to rule out anything worse!

Good luck.
  10. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Mine symptoms seem to fit Raynauds but I dont experience the discoloration.

Im totally stumped as to what else it could be?