Extremely desperate, need prayers please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Samantha, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Samantha

Samantha New Member

Hi everyone
    I'm feeling so desperate. I've had severe CFIDS for soooo long now, been mostly bedridden for years and years. Its getting too much for my mum who hs to look after me. I have no-one else in my life. Does anyone know a good prayer list where I could put my name in? Also can people please pray not only for healing for me, but for someone else to come into my life for more love and support. I can still love.
    Its a lot to ask I know, but I thank all you you dear people in advance. I believe that miracles can happen when a lot of people pray. I have tried myself, believe me, everything I have tried. I just don't know what else to do.
    Thank you and Bless you.
    Samantha.
    xxx
  2. 1horse

1horse New Member

So sorry you are having such a bad time.. I will pray for you.
  3. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Ijust said a prayer for you and your mom.And I prayed for a special someone to come into your life.I also believe in praying for a hedge of protection around us and Angels camped around us.So I lift you up in this way and pary that your life will be touched in a special way.It's the waiting that is hard but don't lose faith.

{{{{{Samantha}}}}}

Sheila
  4. abbylee

abbylee New Member

So sorry you feel all alone. That often makes things so much harder.

Have you added your name to the Thursday night prayer group? Watch for the posts and please add your request.

In the meantime, I'll start praying early this week for you.

I'm married to a man I've known since I was 12 years old. We are friends and husband and wife. He sometimes forgets my limitations and I have to remind him - "no, honey, I can't help you dig a trench to run a power cord to the dog pen, or no, I can't go on an all day walking tour through the mountains," but once I remind him, he's OK about it.

Others aren't that lucky and would gladly be rid of their spouses as they cause more work for someone who is sick.

If you're able to attend a support group, you might meet someone there. Not necessarily a fibro/cfids group, rather, a Bible study group or reading group. Something that will get you around others who are not sick - just remember, it's so difficult to look after a sick person - especially one who "looks so good, how can you be sick?"

abbylee
  5. Samantha

Samantha New Member

Thank you to all who have replied so quickly and so kindly. I am unable to attend support groups because of being so debilitated, its difficult for me even to sit up for long, I "crash" so quickly and pay dearly. But I know that love can help people and I believe the ongoing stress of my situation isn't helping my illness. My mum is actually very understanding as she has the illness (at a more functional level herself), so we are pretty close, but natually it is stressful for us both. We just dearly need The Heavens to send us the right people so we have more love and support and we can give it back too of course.
    I need to get to bed, its the middle of the night here.
    Love to all you dear ones,
    Samantha.
    xxx
  6. greatgran

greatgran Member

you are having such a hard time..Of course you and your mom will be in my prayers..
    I have cfids and was bedridden almost 2 years.. I am slowly getting up,about and out..It isn't easy and I don't think I will ever feel good and know I will never be the same...

So never give up hope as I have done more times than I care to mention..But by the grace of GOD I am not bedridden anymore, well there are days I am ..Hope this encourages you and there will be light at the end of your tunnel...

Prayers are with you,
    greatgran
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And try to find whether there is some agency in your city which could help. Sometimes, they just send someone in for respite care so that the caregiver can get out and about for a while. Churches are often very good at helping or steering one to someone who can help.

You and your Mom are in my prayers.

Love, Mikie
  8. kbak

kbak Member

God Bless You and your mom. I think many here share your loneliness. I pray that God will send someone special into your life, and that He himself will surround you, with His love for you.

This disease does make us feel isolated and alone. I hope you will feel a little less lonely being here!
  9. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I know how hard this is, I have FM and CFS. It is so hard being so ill and it makes it even harder not having more people on our side. I pray that more good, caring people will come in your life. You shouldn`t have to feel so alone and your mother your only caretaker. I believe in miracles too, I think God and his angels will send someone to you soon.

Hugs,
    Sandy
    [This Message was Edited on 10/31/2005]
  10. Samantha

Samantha New Member

I am amazed at how many kind loving people there are on here, I thank all of you who have taken so much time to write and pray. No I don't come in very often.
    I live in NZ so have a different social services. Too stress-making trying to get any home help. It's more people on a "personal" level we need really. Emotiional support. You are all familiar with this. Such a devastating illness, but not treated as "serious" cos you don't die from it!!!! Well as far as my experience (and probably many of you) it doesn't get more serious than when you lose your whole life - more than 20 years, and you don't get to do normal things or even have a family of your own.
    I need to go back to bed now, but I honestly do think you guys are lovely people.
    Bless you.
  11. june-bug

june-bug New Member

that good things can come out of the worst hardships. All you need to do is to never stop believing in the power of prayer and in miracles. They happen all around us in small ways so keep your eyes open ( no cfids pun intended!!) for what is sent your way. I will pray for you and for your wonderful mother. Please dont do the worst thing which would be to surrender to the negative thought that might creep into your head like its creeped into all of our heads at one time or the other "What can I offer someone?" We who suffer have seen the world in such a different way its made us very wise and special ( a sort of gift), we appreciate things others cant. To us relationships are invaluable and we have SO SO much to offer and are worthy of giving love and recieving it. I believe that something special is in store for you, always always believe ...especially in yourself.
    Wishing you well, June Bug
  12. Samantha

Samantha New Member

Thankyou all for your help, prayers and your suggestions, I wish I could answer you individually but I can't sit up that long. I hve tried lots of natural things (very well researched me), but I'll look again at some suggested here, its just I usually react very badly to everything.
    Thanks, and great blessings to all who answered me and prays for me. I send prayers your way too.
  13. JLH

JLH New Member

You've got prayers from me, Samantha!

I want to suggest contacting a local church. Is there one of your faith that is fairly close to you? Maybe one that makes weekly visitations to "shut-in"? That's what our church calls people who can't get out to make it to church, and a group of volunteers from the church visits them and prays with them weekly.

Your bio is filled out, so I don't know how old you are. Do you think you would qualify for any type of "at home" services from your local hospital, such as occupational therapy, physical therapy, or something like that, which may help build up your muscles, etc. from being in bed so long. Perhaps that would make you feel better.

Or, maybe a home health-aide, if your insurance would pay for it. It might give your mother a break.

Have you asked your primary doctor for suggestions?

I'm sorry, but I don't know what else to suggest.

Hugs,
    Janet
  14. cph13

cph13 Member

Yes, prayer is powerful. You asked for a special prayer that someone might know about. Well, Novena to St. Jude (He's for hopeless cases) can be found on the net. October was his feast day Iforget when. St. Joseph Novena also (He is the father to all; yet most forgotten St. like most of us CFID Fibro people.
    I too am alone now, so I understand. The most powerful prayer I learned was to the Holy Ghost; my paster taught me.

Just take 5 minutes a day ask the HGhost to enlighten U, direct U and command U to do His will. There is more to it than that but guess what......HE'LL get the message.

The people prayed for me on 11/1 vs. my post. Oh was it the prayer or all the responses that made things OK I don't know. Now, I pray for you, and send all that I have received your way. Some don't believe in Saints, some don't believe in God, just BELIEVE in a higher power, anything and love will find YOU.
    I too would like to Love again, I do with every response I make on these boards.
    May God bless U and keep U in the palm of HIS hand.
    Have a bloomin' good day
    CPH
  15. Samantha

Samantha New Member

Thanks to you too, I will also pray for you to find someone and send prayers to everyone else. Blessings.
  16. shep

shep New Member

I believe in the power of prayer. People say that prayer changes things; but I believe prayer changes people. Prayers can change you and give you more strength to deal with your illness. Of course, prayer can touch God's heart and He can decide to heal you.
    The Bible says "where two or three are gathered together, I will be in the mist of them." I have counted more than two or three gathered together here in this room praying for you. So, I am sure you have been stregthened by the prayers that have gone up for you and your mom.
    I too have fibro and chronic fatigue for the last twenty years.
    My prayer for you is to be healed if it is God's will. If not, then I prayer 'that the peace that passes all understanding will guard your heart and mind."
    Sometimes He calms the storm..Sometimes he calms me.
    Remembering you and your mom in prayer,
    Shep