Extremely painful thigh, anyone else???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acheallover, Feb 19, 2006.

1. acheallover

acheallover New Member

For about the last 18 months, I have experienced almost unbearable pain in my right thigh. I have been given many ideas on what is wrong but no real diagnosis. When I walk, it hurts a bunch, and when I sit down it takes about 10 very painful minutes to subside. I have not been given any solutions. Does anyone have this same affliction? I have used Arnica, pain patches. I keep a heating pad on my leg 3-4 hours aday. Thanks for your input. Phyllis
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My left thingh(both inside and outside has been very painful for some time. Also I get a pain in the left calf and shin.

It went from pain in the whole of both legs to this thigh/shin thing. Also buttock. Thought at first it was sciatica. As I speak it is burning.

I am having EMG and NC (nerve and muscle) tests on 28th. My neuro will only see me this way, sort of acts as if one is only allowed one infirmity at a time!

I would advise you to have a Doppler done of the leg to make sure there are no thrombosis there in the deep veins. It is a quick painless procedure they can usually do within a day of asking.

Sports doc thinks it is myofacial pain.

My pain woke me up several times in the night. It is improving slightly and sems worse resting. So this is why you need to check claudication as this can be a clot and is worse walking, better with rest.

Good luck.

Anne C
  3. ckzim

ckzim New Member

for about the same as you 18 mths. It is more of a burning type pain, especially if I lay on that side to sleep or watch tv or something, can't go but 10 min without that burning there. So much so I have to move to a different postion. I had x rays, which showed mild incringement(sp) on my lower spine. Nothing they can do till it gets worse.
    Same o same o...wait till you can't function or move before they will do anything. I use the Lidoderm patches on my knees and lower back, which lasts about 2 hours, suppose to be 12. It's a bugger, I know. And it hurts so much. I've found I have to NOT let it get it to that point, once the burning starts it's like really difficult to get back to torlerable. Other than the Lortab. My Ultram won't cut it.

I didn't know about, what else it could be, and I will check out what's been suggested here.
  4. fibroboom

fibroboom New Member

hi its the first time i have posted anything here, i usually just read, by the way very good reading. Anyways i have a problem with my left thigh. Some times i can walk right along then like a spasam or something and there i go again limping. My hips hurt on the outside always. The top of my thigh most of the time. I have asked in the chat room and there are many who have it. I guess its just part of our lives now! WHIPEE!! I just take more meds and use my rice bag and go on... Hugs to all

fibroboom
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I have bad pain in both thighs but my left side is absolutely horrid. I asked my massage therapist if there was anything she could do to ease the pain and she suggested trigger point release in that area.

I almost screamed it hurt so much when she did it, but it really truly helped. After the treatment I had about a 40-50% improvement, lasting about 10 days.

Now I have her do a twice-monthly 'tune-up'(the treatment is still painful but nowhere near that first time). It keeps me (somewhat) mobile.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  6. i have this thigh pain,its horrible,and this week it just seems intense.
    im in the uk and the weather over here just now is very very cold,damp,tonight we have icy winds,yesterday frost.i do think the cold weather has flared up my fibro.my spine is seized up too.
    i do walk my dog,and keep mobile,as much as possible,but by crikey this thigh pain isnt going away.i pray we will find some relief from the pain soon (warmer weather hurry up please)

love fran
    xx
  7. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I have the same problem, but I also get knots in my thigh and that causes alot of pains.

If you feel on your thigh you may notice some knots as I have.

My sister in-law has fibro and she gets them too as does her mother with fibro.

Don't have any ideas as to how to make it better.

8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I wanted to say as an ex pat I loved hearing you say "Crikey" I will check your bio and see what part of UK. I am Cheshire, but lived in Cornwall a lot. Been in USA years.

I do wonder if the damp does affect the pain too. Also re the trigger point release my sports doc recommended I find someone who does this too.

Love Anne C
  9. jake123

jake123 New Member

Here is what I think mine might be:
    1. Sciatic pain from nerve impingement
    2. Bursitis in my hip flexors, or Arthritis in Hip
    3. Calf pain - fibromyalgia pain
    4. Knee pain - osteoarthritus

Anyway, my whole right leg hurts. My neurologist says it is RLS. He has me on a regimen of Relpax 3X a week, Skelaxin 3X a week, and Indomethicin 3X a week. Sometimes I forget to take the med until the pain gets bad.
  10. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Left thigh pain,only in the back,it gets pretty bad at times, odd thing is , never had it until I got cat scratch fever. And thats been at least fors years ago, that was excrutiatng pain, I had to be helped to even turn over in the bed, and I would scream out in pain, I pray I never get that again, but anyways, back to the pain I have now, I use rubs, creams and heating pad. With some relief for awhile.
    Good Luck, hope you find answers...
    Karen
  11. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

diet if you can.

My wife had the same kind of thigh pains for several years but has completely eradicated it by adhereing to an alkaline food diet. She was very strict for about 8 months even though the pains left after 4 or 5 weeks. She followed the Doctor Young PH miracle diet. Staying away from Sugars and Carbs, drinking lots of water, flushing with Green drink, fighting the Candida, and eating lots of green salads etc...
  12. acheallover

acheallover New Member

Yes, I have knots. Have had them down both sides of my legs for several years. I once saw a PA and he knew what they are. Unfortunately my poor memory has once again reared its ugly whatever, If I ever hear from someone what these lumps are, I will surely share, please do the same, Take care, Phyllis
  13. marw

marw New Member

There are so many different kinds of thigh pain, leg pain, butt pain. I think anyone with butt pain or leg pain should always have an MRI of the lower back. I had a puching butt pain that then wrapped around my front thigh to the knee. It turned out to be a herniated disk at L3/L4.

I have another pain ....the FM pain,however....that just aches in the muscles, usually in the hams at the back. Heat and rollers help some. (This is actually the same pain I have in my arms and whole body!)