Eye Ball Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abcanada, Nov 3, 2006.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I'm stuck with this one, and so are my docs. I have terrible eye pain, as if my eye balls are badly bruised, or were squeezed really hard. This has been going on and off for 9 months now. Lately more on than off. In Feb went to eye surgeon and he said my eyes were fine. I should add that I also have very unusual visual disturbances. Alot of dark floaters & drifting lines as well as shimmering stars. Very screwy! Yes, I get migraines almost daily, but have this even when no migraine-all the time. Neurologist took a good look in my eyes last week and said they looked fine. I went to family doc yesterday as I'm constantly questioning this....She said if they were floaters, the doc should have been able to see them and tell me that. He did not. I'm still waiting for MRI results, but neurologist did not feel that this was neurlogical, but probably related to the fact that I'm in chronic entire body pain. Just wondering if anyone else in chronic pain experiences this?
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

abcanada:

I do not have such a serious problem, but once in a while the back of my eyeballs seem to hurt.

I always assume it is another sinus infection on the way.

I have to admit I have not heard symptoms like yours before, but I will follow this post to see what others say.

nyrofan
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

yes i get this i have cmp from head to toe this is a symptom of chronic myofascial i thought it was my sinnuses before i read about it.i started to massage my face and it released after awhile i still have good days and bad. hope this helps charlene
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

besides chronic sinusitis, which won't necessarily show up on a CT scan if there's no infection, just fluid (something that I have! and does make my eyeballs ache, but I eventually within an hour +/- get other symptoms too)...

and for which there's no immediate solution. You might try going to an ENT tho just to see... the RX nasal sprays did help me for a while, altho they all quit working. Using saline nasal sprays and/or neti pots help some, there's quite a few things that might be of help, but maybe not (haven't been for me, ultimately).

The other thing you might consider of course is being tested and/or evaluated for Lyme. My now 19 yo son sees floaters and light fluctuations, he had no idea it was abnormal until he was asked. We have no idea how long he'd been seeing them... we do know he's had Lyme at least 5 years, still under treatment.

all the best,
    Victoria

5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I have this quite a bit, with some relief on less sunny days. It feels like the eye is too large for the socket, almost a little warm to the touch, and very painful like behind the eye, seem like. It's mostly my left eye that hurt. I haven't gotten help either, and I have increased floaters during flares.

I noticed from the picture of my eyes that the eye with the most pain also had twice the amount of blood vessels. I have no idea what that means, and I have been unable to obtain copies of those pice- wonder why.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know I have this too. Wonder if it's related to CFS or FM?
  6. Redshadow

Redshadow New Member

I am so sorry! With that kind of pain you don't know where to put yourself. I have had bouts of eyeball pain in the back of my eyes but it seems to come and go thankfully. Keep us updated on your progress. I'll keep you in my prayers.
    (((soft huggies)))
  7. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Hi Abcanada,

I just happen to come across your post.I have just posted a question asking if anyone is having eye troubles.

Mine feel very sunk in,paining a lot.I feel like they are being pushed into my head,if that makes any sense??

I am going thru a bad flare up,and this is a new thing for me,this eye thing.

I hope you get some help for it.

Take Care!!
    Jordane
  8. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

Sounds as if we have something in common. The pain is getting worse and I too saw my neuro this week. The eyes are fine.I am schedualed for 3 mri's and an emg on Wed. Maybe something will turn up. Good luck, Mary
  9. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

I get stabbing pains in my eyeballs.....I have to squeeze my eyes shut tight to try and relieve the pain.......I know its from the fibro...I just had an eye exam and everything went fine....I live with the pain...Lina
  10. woofmom

woofmom New Member

You may want to check your diet. MSG and/or aspartame can cause this.