EYE health ... anyone else have vision issues?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shalala, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I am becoming blind as a bat ... anyone else? I had 20/20 vision up to age 40 and was in BI FOCALS by age 42. And my eyes are continually getting worse. :-(

I have a tear in my left retina and I can barely focus due to all of the floaters that keep increasing. I have a cluster causing blurred vision in my left eye.

anyone else have vision issues?

Hugs to all
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

WHY HAVENT YOU HAD LASER SURGERY? IF YOU DONT YOUR GOING TO GO BLIND I HAVE VISION PROBLEMS THET THOUGHT I HAD A TORN RETINA BUT IT TURNED OUT TO BE PRESSURE THEY TOLD ME TO BE CARFUL BECAUSE IT COULD RIP YOU NEED SOMETHING DONE ASAP IF YOU DIDNT ALREADY CHARLENE
  3. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Surgery was mentioned. He wants to confer with Neuro. These floaters are really bad. I cannot focus. I am very concerned about this.
  4. cmse

cmse New Member

hi all.

I have ME/CFS

When i get tired, i get double vision, and many times it comes on very quickly, and that can be rather anoying when your driving home.

So i end up having to close one eye at a time, but that also create's its own problem with depth of field, ie the distance from the cars in front, as its very hard to judge any distance.

Is this a common eye problem with ME/CFS, or is it just one more health problem to deal with, and has nothing to do with my ME/CFS.

Best Regards to All.

Colin.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/17/2007]
  5. urs_red

urs_red New Member

Hi,

I found that some times specially during driving I feel a great pressure behind my eyes and find it very hard to concentrate. One doctor explained to me that this is very common with fibromyalgia since there can be a swelling behind the eyes.Sometimes my face gets slightly swollen, which is the visual side of the swelling. However, I have worn glasses for the last 20 years and found that my vision in itself has stayed stable through out. Find a good optition who will work with your doctor together. Hope it gets better soon.
  6. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

I have the same symptoms as you...strange I do close one eye sometimes to see somewhat better. This disease has so many weird symptoms!!

mymichelina
  7. jarjar

jarjar New Member

You guys really need to rule out lyme with igenex. Bartonella is a co infection of lyme and yes floaters are a symptom of lyme.
    Lyme and cfs/fm are identical symptoms. Please get tested so you can be sure you aren't dealing with a lyme coinfection so you can be treated.
  8. charlenef

charlenef New Member

my mother in law went to the eye dr and they did the sugery the same day it only took a couple of min you really neee to see someone else soon youll never get back what youve lost good luck charlene
  9. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I didn't wear glasses until age 40 - normal aging I was told by the doctor. For the next 10 years my prescription did go up and it has stabilized at 55. However, you have a tear as well. This must be addressed. Please call your eye doctor tomorrow.Do not be afraid to call. It will be in your benefit if you do.
  10. 139864

139864 New Member

Hi Shalala

I am suffering now as I write this !.
    In Oct. '005 I went for what I thought was an initial visit to the opthalmologist ,she told me I had the beginnings of glaucoma and she lasered my right eye there and then ,the following week she did the left eye .
    By Jan. '006 I could hardly see through my varifocals so I went to see my optometrist who told me that I now had cateracts in both eyes .
    To cut a long story short ...six weeks ago ,I had the left eye fitted with a new lens .For two days I felt on top of the world ..everything was great! able to see clearer plus everything was MUCH brighter ,then it was as if someone had turned taps on full force in my head .It put me in bed for over a week feeling as weak as a kitten and suffering nose and mouth ulcers . I have now regained my strength only the eye is still painful and I am light sensitive

If it is no better tomorrow I will have to go to hosp. to have it checked out :(

Stay WELL
    Brenda uk
    [This Message was Edited on 03/19/2007]
  11. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

It's been about 4 yrs now, but I developed a macular hole in my left eye.

My retina doc explained it this way

Floaters are a natural progression of age. Everybody gets them.

Sometimes these tiny floaters pull away from the inside of the eye in bigger pieces and sometimes so big that they pull a hole in the macula. This affects your central vision.

I had laser surgery to repair the hole and it was a sucess, but it took me 2 years to get back to seeing 20/20 and I still have a place about the size of a straight pin head that is permanently damaged.

My right eye was trying to do the same thing and I had these long thick strings hanging and swirling around in my eye. Thankfully they have mostly settled now and he told me he thought the worst had past but I still have to have regular check ups and if I do have any sort of curtain or shade in my eye to get there ASAP.

If you're having a hugh amount of floaters you need to see the doctor.

Take care of those eyes.

I worry about all the meds I take as most every one of them has a vision warning on them.

Wren
    [This Message was Edited on 03/20/2007]
  12. Calleigh

Calleigh New Member

I have had repeated bouts of floaters, double vision, and blurriness which started when I got CFS/FM... all have been checked out.

The one thing that WAS unusual was flashing lights in my left eye. Turned out it was a tear in my retina, so I had laser surgery to close it up. The surgery was no biggie... and the tear definitely shouldn't be ignored.
  13. madisond

madisond New Member

Hi,

I also have vision problems. I just went to the eye doctor because I was having flashing white lines coming down the sides of my eyes. My eye doctor checked everything out and the out come is I'm having Ocular migraines. The strange thing about this kind of migraine is you sometimes get really bad pain and then other times the actual migraine comes hours later.

I would recommend anyone having any problems with there eyes to see your eye doctor right away.

Floaters, flashing zig zag lights can mean so many different things it's always better to check this problem out then to just say oh, it's just old age.

One more thing, with pressure in your eyes you have to be careful of certain medicine that you take. I have breathing problems and I always have to check the side effects of any inhalers I use. One of the main side effects of inhalers is increased pressure in your eyes, for this reason I can only use certain inhalers. When ever I see a new doctor I make sure to tell them I get Ocular migraines, this way I don’t have a problem if I’m prescribe a new inhaler.

I hope I helped a few people with this info.

Debbie
  14. Shalala

Shalala New Member

that is just terrible. Do you feel that this disease has taken away at least 20 years of our lives? I am 53 and feel (and look probably) at least 75. :-(
  15. GranmaBB

GranmaBB New Member

If I hadn't had an emergency laser surgery on a late Friday afternoon, I would have lost the vision in my right eye by the end of the weekend

Please don't put it off!!!!!.
    I thought that it was nothing - just some extra floaters and a little flashing.

16. Shalala

Shalala New Member

You said ... The one thing that WAS unusual was flashing lights in my left eye. Turned out it was a tear in my retina, so I had laser surgery to close it up. The surgery was no biggie... and the tear definitely shouldn't be ignored.

I went to the OPT a week ago and he mentioned surgery but wants to confer with the Neuro. I don't see that guy until March 30th! I HAVE to get everything done (tests, surgeries, etc) before I get my *ss fired and have no insurance or income ... or go on LTD which is 50% of my already low pay. I don't think these rich DRs understand POOR ... DESTITUTE ... IN AGONY ... BROKE ... POVERTY LEVEL ... etc.

I think I am going to call him and insist on the surgery ASAP. I hope it is covered under my BC/BS? I have really lousy EYE Insurance.

((((( hugs )))))
  17. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I am not the one putting it off. It's these dern DRs. I have to put a call into my Optician.
  18. charlenef

charlenef New Member

this is not concidered eye coverage it is concidered medical even though it is with your eyes good luck charlene
  19. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

does anyone else have depth perception problems?
    I just noticed it last summer. When I pull into a parking spot I am like 3 feet from the line.

I also get stabbing pains evey now and again in my eyes.

I have and eye dr's appt in april and the good thing is she knows Dr Natelson and the crappy stuff of cfs/fm..

*deep sigh* is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say their is NO glass!

I lost my ssdi to a mean judge. never got pain LTD.....
    And turned 50 in Feb.

there is a rainbow I just don't know where it is..

wildflowers2

20. pspatnode

pspatnode New Member

You really should see an opthamologist since they are the medical doctors that take care of your eyes. I would call one today and tell them you have an emergency. Time can be real important with eye problems.

Good luck.