Eye mascara poll

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nefran5, Feb 25, 2003.

1. nefran5

nefran5 New Member

I noticed on a post here that many of us have eye and vision problems. I want to wear make-up sometimes, but rarely do because my eyes and skin react badly. What works for you? Any tips or things to avoid? I usually only wear a pencil eyeliner to help define my eyes (for those special occasions.) I have not tried mascara in 15 years! Do you have a favorite mascara?
  2. gardengrow

gardengrow New Member

I have become very sensitive to makeup especially eye makeup but was able to find a mascara -Almay The Insider Mascara seems to be okay for me. Also, they have a eyeliner called 16 hr or 18 hr all day eyeliner that stays put but doesnt irritate my eyes. It took a lot of trial and error with brands and I couldnt find anything at the makeup counter. Clinique is supposed to be hypo allergenic but was the worst for me. So glad to have found these. Hope you can try some of the suggestions from everyone and find something you can use.

Gardengrow
  3. nefran5

nefran5 New Member

...I know it seems like a minor thing to some, but when you feel so much on the "outside" because of your reclusive habits it is nice to sometimes "pretend" you are halfway "normal" when you get out in public...on those rare occasions---at least for me.

Peace, Nefra
  4. paula45

paula45 New Member

Tova brand bought through QVC. I have awful eye problems and also wear contacts (when I can stand them). This is the brand that causes me the fewest problems. It's a little pricey, but I don't wear it every day and when I want to, it's what I use. Good luck..
    Paula
  5. pamela

pamela New Member

I developed allergies when I was 16. Since then I wear Clinique. You can get it at Dillards or Foleys. It's great and may cost a bit more but its hypoallerginic and has never made me itch or break out and lasts a long time. I also use Maybelline waterproof mascara..although truthfully since I got sick I have not used mascara in 3 years. I just use eyepowder and liner and blush. I too feel a need to look half decent in life, bcz I deal with the public. Pamela
  6. KristinLee

KristinLee New Member

I have had sensitive eyes for most of my life, and have been using the Almay eye-liner and mascara consistently, and I've had no trouble with them. But I do put the eyeliner outside my lashes, rather than inside near the eye, use baby oil to remove, throw them away after a few months, and I never let anyone else use them. Hope this helps.
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

The best I have found with the least problems is; Clinique and I also use Adrian Arpel mascara. It does not give me any problems.

Hope you find one that you can wear safely too.

Shalom, Shirl
  8. chickadee

chickadee New Member

I too have trouble wearing eye make up (especially mascara and eye liner). I am fortunate that I do have dark eyelashes and brows so I simply use a little eye shadow and then use the old fashioned eye lash curler and curl my lashes. Makes a world of difference for me.
    Hope you find your solution.