Eye pain pretty bad anyone else.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bobbycat, Jul 29, 2008.

1. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I have FMS and lately I have been experiencing alot of eye pain. Thought it was from this one med. I also have already been to eye DR and my primary Dr. Any thoughts on this. Thanks Bobby
  2. lv2sing

lv2sing New Member

The persons name was kitty w/ something else behind it. It's above your entry a little further back
  3. vito1234

vito1234 New Member

i get them all the time .I close my eyes and lay down 4 a while and they go away
  4. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Bobby--Just wondering, have you ever been checked for MS? Optic neuritis is a common problem. Our son has MS and a bout of optic neuritis usually lets us know that an exacerbation is coming. There's lots of info on the web about MS and optic neuritis. It can effect one or both eyes and feels like a deep pain in the eye socket. Hope your pain subsides quickly, though. I know it's no fun.

5. singingharp

singingharp New Member

Yes, for the last 8yrs. I have been identified by my sunglasses in and outside, people turning off lights when I walk in the room (if I'm lucky), and probably the lowest electric bill around. A neurologist explained it by saying that when you have a severe chronic pain syndrome, any nerve can become sensitized. In my case, the trigeminal and occipital nerves became sensitized and I have been dealing with my worst pain ever since. That's when the high doses of neurontin started along with narcotics. Using the computer has serious consequences for me so I really need to be on a mission. I can't relate with many people on this issue(this is NOT merely light sensitivity), so don't let this scare you. Yours really could be an on again off again problem which is more managable and may respond to other meds better as well.
  6. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

Thanks for the information I am going to take this to my Dr as he is good at reading things I bring to him. This is really causing me duress. Thanks again Bobby. This board is so helpful to me.
  7. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

If you have not had a complete thyroid profile incl autoantibodies for Graves, that would be an impt place to start with your doc. -- as the above info suggests.

I have FMS plus other autoimmune problems. Last summer I had 3 bouts of autoimmune scleritis plus ocular myositis. Bar none, the most painful physical problem I've ever endured, until the meds (steroids) kicked in. I could read only 1 line at a time -- and then it was so painful I'd almost vomit. Hope you don't have THAT one! The AS/OM syndrome is quite rare, but a good ophthalmologist (NOT an optometrist) should be able to rule it out. Note, I also have Sjogren's symptomology with dry eye, which by itself is painful at times.

Good luck!
  8. simonedb

simonedb Member

provigil made my eyes hurt really bad
  9. nightngale

nightngale New Member

Wow Rocky you put alot of good info there. I have been having alot of problems (pain) with my "dry eyes" and noticing puffiness underneath as well as swollen lids at times. I am wondering about a thyroid problem, though my tests always come out normal. Now I have just found out I have a thyroid nodule, so I am really going to push for some more fine tuned tests. I have heard the normal TSH and T4 tests are not always reliable. I have sx of hyperthyroidism and am miserable , have been for years. Hope I can get some answers. I am going to print out that eye info. I tested negative for Sjogren's 3 times by bloodwork.