Eye Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pcaron, Aug 26, 2005.

1. pcaron

pcaron New Member

I was wondering if any one has any suggestions on what can be done about eye pain. I have been having the worst eye pain for the last 2 ½ months and it just seems to be getting worse.

At first I thought it was due to, too much computer work. Which is what I do for a living so I went to the eye doctor thinking maybe all I would need were glasses but he said everything looked good.

So I am asking if anyone has any help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
  2. purpleleaves

purpleleaves New Member

I have a lot of pain in my right eye, and I've been told that I have a bad astigmatism (sp?)--when I cover my left eye, I'm able to see that I'm legally blind in that bad eye. The worst of it is the terrible migraines that I get when my bad eye is exposed to too much light, chemicals, even having my glasses off for a few hours.

Ouch. Eye pain = head pain, and head pain is the pits. I'm surprised the doc didn't even provide some drops for when it gets bad. I bought an eye patch, and looked silly, but it helps to rest that eye sometimes.
  3. pcaron

pcaron New Member

I am lucky and have never had a problem with blood pressure.

I do get migraines but have been taking topamax and have been having great success with it.

This pain is not like my migraine pain either. It is more of an ice pick pain in the eye at times but an all the time pressure. It is really starting to make me crazy. I have tried taking anti inflammatorys thinking maybe it was muscle related but that has not helped either.