Eye pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sean, Sep 24, 2002.

1. sean

sean New Member

Has anyone with FM, experienced eye pain, I appear to have developed a sort of stabbing pain in the left eye. The pain does not last very long, just a couple of seconds at most. There is also a constant very mild burning sensation in the eye. I'm beggining to wonder if there is a single place in the body that this condition does not affect.
  2. sean

sean New Member

Has anyone with FM, experienced eye pain, I appear to have developed a sort of stabbing pain in the left eye. The pain does not last very long, just a couple of seconds at most. There is also a constant very mild burning sensation in the eye. I'm beggining to wonder if there is a single place in the body that this condition does not affect.
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

The herpes virus can cause stabbing eye pain, it feels like it comes from behind the eye.

I have experienced that, not any pain in my eyes (yet) with fibro.

I do however have double vision on occasion when my eyes are not blurry.

Jaci
  4. megagrace2

megagrace2 New Member

A few years back I would wake up in the morning with severe eye pain. I could not open it the pain was so bad. This happened every morning on and off for months. The eye doc said it was from my dry eye. It felt like somebody was sticking pins in it. I have not had it that severe since, but occasionly I get the stabbing pains on and off. I get the burning too which is from dry eye and allergies. And nooo, I don't believe there is a single place in the body not affected, although the middle finger nail on my left hand does not bother me yet--heheh
  5. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I've been getting burning in my eyes a lot lately, especially when I'm tired and have been working a long time at the computer. But I'm not sure whether that's fibromyalgia or the kind of eye strain that many people get, including those without fibro. As for stabbing pains, I seem to remember having a bit of that associated with optic neuritis, one of my early MS symptoms. However, I'm sure other conditions could cause that as well. In any case, I would suggest that you go to an opthalmologist and have this checked out. Don't assume that because you have one condition, you can't get anything else. Maybe you'll discover that you have a very treatable and short-term condition, but if you just chalk it up to "another fibromayalgia pain," you could be putting yourself through unnecessary pain and potentially ignoring something that could turn out to be very serious if not treated.

--Laura
  6. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

One is that stabbing kind that you described and the other is like the infamous Ice Cream Burn, only I'm not eating Ice Cream when it occurs.

I even had an MRI of the Brain, Yep I have one, and it didn't show any cause for the Pain. I didn't have the dx of FMS yet but it was starting back around that time.

I also get blurry eyes, usually from reading a book or paper work, it's also caused by TrPs in the eye's.

Do you also get the twitching of the eyelid, I get that too, and in the left eye. hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Here's Looking at you kid,
    kredca4
  7. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

twitching in my eye. This is particularly attractive when my left arm, hand, wrist, abdominal are is twitching all at once. I think it must make me even more beautiful.

If I didn't know better I would swear that people must think I am having an orga**!!!!!!!

I am trying to find the humor in it.

Jaci
  8. sean

sean New Member

The pain has not bothered me for a little while now, hopefully will not come back, but as I well know these pain seem to switch from one part of the body to another. Today it has mainly been the hand, shoulders, and ribs. What will it be tommorow? I wouldnt like to place a bet on what part of my body will be effected tommorrow. I've even had pain in my johnny rollocks.

[ advertisement ]