Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, May 1, 2009.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Is it just me or do your eyelids ALWAYS feel heavy??? I feel like my eyes are "puffy" all the time too, but they're not. When I look in the mirror, my eyelids to look heavy.

I'm just so dang tired all the time..........I hate it!
  2. luckyman

luckyman New Member

There are so many symptoms of this disease, that I almost forgot that one! I can see it in pictures of myself starting about 20 years ago. Do you find it painful to hold your head steady and look up as high as you can? How about down, or to the sides while trying to maximally rotate your eyes? (Not as bad for me) Be careful, it may hurt more than you expect. I swear every cell in our bodies is affected in one way or another.
  3. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I was sent to a eye Dr because my eyes hurt and eye lids. Could not find what was wrong so she threw it in the bag of FMS. This also gives me headaches. Good luck it's misarable.
  4. hatbox121

hatbox121 New Member

My eyes often feel like someone is squeezing them. Sometimes it's like pins. Ocassionally they'll get blurry and feel like they are on fire. It does not feel good but of course "It's just the FM." Of course. I sometimes wonder if I were ever unlucky enough to develop some really super serious disease if they'd just call that FM.
  5. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

Do any of you have rosacea? There is evidence that rosacea affects the eyelids with puffiness, redness, crusty,scaliness on the eyelashes and vision disturbances.

I read yesterday on either MedPageToday or Science that we should see an opthmolagist, as these symptoms can lead to serious eye complications. Most eye drs (optometrists) don't understand these issues.

6. redwing074

redwing074 New Member

I've had this and went to optho. because was afraid I was having optic neuritis again, said it was blepharitis.

I often wonder if I were to go to the er bleeding from every orifice of my body and mentioned that I have FM if they would just blame it on that. lol So I just don't go no matter how bad I'm hurting and doubled over in pain.
  7. Empower

Empower New Member

I do, I blame it on bad allergies

When I wake up and I have that heaviness in my eyelids (after a good nights sleep) I know it is going to be a bad day

I do take Allegra, but it only helps a little

Do you have allergies???
  8. teller7

teller7 New Member

I've had allergies for 30 years since I moved to Central Oregon. I've tried everything and zyrtec has worked the best for me. But everyone is different.
  9. pearls

pearls New Member

Yes, I have both fibromyalgia and rosacea, with the subsets of blepharitis and keratitis, both of which are eye problems. I have problems with glare, blurriness, redness, puffiness, itchiness, scalining on the eyelashes.

I also have recently developed redness in my face - though one has to look carefully to see it. Before I was aware of the rosacea, my brothers and sisters who had not seen me for a long time commented to each other how much better I looked. It was in illusion. My new "color" was rosacea.

Now, in addition to the eye problems, I have to contend with a burning face. That's how it feels.

-Pearl S.