Eyes and FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pinkpanda1, Mar 13, 2006.

1. pinkpanda1

pinkpanda1 New Member

Does anyone have problems with eyes hurting,burning and itching? This is new for me but not like any allergy or anything I've ever had before. So I'm wondering if it could be a further extension of this lovely disease.
  2. JuliannaG

JuliannaG New Member

Sometimes the light of day hurts my eyes.

I am forever rubbing them. I always thought it was due to my allergies, never thought it could be FM.

Hmmmm-m-m-m-mm. Interesting to hear if anyone else has the same thing.
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

But continue to get your eyes checked as the eye Dr. recommends.

I get stabbing pains if I get a site with a black background....it is to painful to read. Like posting with all caps....and if not paragraphed enough....that makes my stomach upset also (with black backgrounds also).

Lights really hurts. I am like all I just read here also.

My eye Dr. said it is something he sees all the time with FM/CFIDS folks. He does not know why.

Some times it is not so bad, but sometimes wrods jump around when reading. I used to be a big reader, but no more.

My eye Drs. since I've had this also recommends artifical tears....get the really good ones.....I can not hink of the names I have been told to use.
  4. forfink

forfink New Member

You are right! Most of us have dry eyes which in turn makes them burn and feel itchy. A good eye gel before you go to bed and some during the day will give you some relief. Even if you have a fan in your bedroom or air/heat vents, all these will make your eyes more dry. Amazing... Light sensitivity and noise sensitivity is also very common for most of us.