Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TeaBisqit, Jul 11, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I've long since really stopped wearing much cosmetics because I never have the energy to do so anymore. But Avon just came out with this amazing new thing. It's sheets of eyeshadow. You just rub one on each eye and within two seconds, you've got your eyes done. I was totally skeptical at first of using it. I kept thinking it wouldn't look right and I'd still have to work at it. But I had an appointment today, so I decided to try it. And it really worked. I was so amazed. It was the fastest I've ever had my eyes done. And it looked pretty good, too. It's like the perfect eyeshadow for those of us with no energy. I really recommend it. Look for Avon Eyeshadow Sheets, they're new.
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

This sounds really kool!,,,,i still wear alittle makeup most days,,,and the eyeshadow seems to be the one to give me the application problems!,,,,,,I'll check it out! Thanks for the tip!,,,,,,Sis
  3. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

What will they think of next? Do you order it through the Avon catalog, or can you buy it in stores? Thanks for sharing and glad it works so well for you!

Erika :)
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

They aren't listed in the online website catalog yet, but they are on page 11 of the Campaign 16 brochure. They are called In a Wink Instant Eye Shadow Sheets. They cost about six dollars for a box of fourteen sheets. And they come in eight colors. You can get them from any Avon Rep, or wait about a week or two for them to show in the online catalog. And they might even be up on Ebay now, if you check.

They really are a great product for those of us with zero energy. I just wish Avon would keep making them. What usually happens is, we get something kewl like this for a short time, and then they discontinue it. I'm hoping if enough of us buy it, maybe they'll do it longer. It's the first time I've been able to wear eyeshadow in a long time because it's so easy.
  5. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

After I have my lap band surgery, I plan on having permanent cosmetics in order to reduce the time I have to get ready for work in the morning. The less I have to fool with, the better.

When I first got sick (although I didn't realize I was sick) I quit wearing makeup to work. I would sleep until literally 15 minutes before I had to leave. What I found was that when I didn't 'primp' a little bit, I felt a lot worse emotionally and that trickled down to physically. I have developed what I call my 5 minute face and keep my hair short so it is easy to deal with in the morning.

Maybe I can even con the insurance company into paying for reconstrutive surgery to remove the skin AND get new boobs *LOL*.
  6. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Just go to the main Avon site, they're on the Avon Color page. I love this product.
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

I just saw these demonstrated on HSN the other night too,,,,They are really Kool!,,,,but much more spendy there than at the Avon sight,,,,,,can't wait to try them out!,,,S
  8. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

However, I have really deep set eyes and they drop more as I get older, I wonder who they will look? Will I end up with eyeshadow on my cheeks? *LOL*.
  9. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I always pick up an Avon book at the coffee whop when she brings in new ones. So many of the makeup products are aimed at "look younger" and are expensive so I just bypass them. (like to look younger though).

I have bought some jewelry when on sale and really like it but I don't have pierced ears so bypass some of those too.

i do like the lotions, creams, tubes of handcream, etc. As fo eyeshadow, I guess hubby would think I was crazy to buy it so I just keep trying the single stuff.

I always put some makeup on in AM ------moisturizer, light covering of foundation and some blush (I am so pale) and lipstick. Sundays, i get ambitious and use eyeshadow, touch of brow darkener and lipliner, (all from Avon) Don't know that all that helps.

Those did look innteresting.

Stop it Lilac, you've talked enough. I will get back as soon as I can to tell what is going on in my life.

Luv you all,