eyesight gotten worse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaime13, Sep 18, 2006.

1. jaime13

jaime13 New Member

My eyesight has gotten really bad since being diagnois the Dr. said it could be from the meds or just from the fibro. I wear contacts because I can't stand wearing glasses but even they have their problems to it. My sight goes in and out and sometimes it is just plain blury. I try to make the best of the contacts by wearing different colors, that is a trip to go from having brown eyes to blue or green. There are other colors to like violet and aqua. I'm going to try aqua hoping it will turn my eyes a greener color. But this is one of the problems of fibromyalgia- the muscle behid your eyes are effected too-do you think that any muscle wouldn't be effect, naturaly the eyes are in that category too.
  2. ulala

ulala New Member

You should have your eyes checked because your eyesight should not go in and out and it should not be blurry.

Please make an appt. to see an opthamologist because it's better to be safe than sorry.

Best wishes!
  3. Nimzovich76

Nimzovich76 New Member

As long as you pick the prettiest color of lenses for your eyes you'll be just fine.
  4. jaime13

jaime13 New Member

you are so right about seeing an eye DR. I wasn't satisfied with the Dr. I saw before- I will make an appointment tomorrow.
  5. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I called my doctor today to ask if she would recommend an opthamologist who specializes in fibromyalgia. she told me my eyesight was not being affected by my FM, that it was something else.

I have a hard time believing this because of the way it comes and goes. When I have a flare my vision gets really blurry.

I am going to make an appt. to see an eye doctor, but I do think it is related to the FM.

Linda
  6. bozey

bozey New Member

My eye Dr. told me that these 3 medicines are a danger to the eye if you have FM or CFS----Prednisone-Plaquenil & Hydroxy Chloroquine. They will make your eyes worse. If I were you, I would go to an eye Dr.

Good luck to you

bozey
  7. jaime13

jaime13 New Member

Any drugs that have to do with muscle relaverws can make your eyesight worst. Makes sense to me.
  8. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

My eyes have deteriorated much faster since I was diagnosed as well. I had the standard age sight changes but now I get much more blurriness on and off. One of my eyes is frequently red, dry & sore.

I've made another appointment with my eye doctor to check them again. I'm wondering if the red and dryness is Sjogrens Syndrome (another autoimmune condition see below).

Regards,
    Eileen

What are the symptoms of Sjögren's syndrome?

Symptoms may include a dry, gritty, or burning sensation in the eyes; difficulty talking, chewing, or swallowing; a sore or cracked tongue; dry or burning throat; a change in the sense of taste or smell; increased dental decay; joint pain; digestive problems; dry nose; dry skin; and fatigue. No two people have the exact same set of symptoms.

Is it easy to diagnose Sjögren's syndrome?

Sjögren's syndrome often is undiagnosed or misdiagnosed. The symptoms of Sjögren's syndrome may overlap or "mimic" those of other diseases including lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and multiple sclerosis. Because all symptoms are not always present at the same time and Sjögren's can involve several body systems, physicians and dentists sometimes treat each symptom individually and do not recognize that a systemic disease is present. The average time from onset of symptoms to diagnosis is over six years.

9. jaime13

jaime13 New Member

I hope you don't have that dieases it sounds awful- on top of fm to have to deal with another diease would be mind blowing. I know people are forced to do it all the time- but my heart goes out to them.
    jaime